Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Commander Stall bug too

Old 05-02-2007, 07:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Commander Stall bug too

For what it is worth, it looks like the NHTSA has opened an investigation into stall issues on the Commander. Same software perhaps?

LINK: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...p_pontiac.html
Old 05-02-2007, 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

When I had my JK in to the dealer for it's first stall, they had 4 Liberties in there with a similiar problem. DC has some serious software/firmware work to do...
Old 05-03-2007, 02:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am not saying this is not a big deal, however it can be very hard to fix.

I am an electrical engineer and I would bet it is a software problem. It could take a combination of evens to take place to make it happen. Not just one thing but several all taking place in a certain order for the computer to get to a certain line of code. When it gets there bang, hard reset. Think about your computer. How many times have to had to end a program because it locked up. Or worse "The blue screen of death"

I am not saying it is right, but they could be trying really hard and just haven't found it yet.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:55 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a software engineer and I agree it's not a small thing. However, software is debuggable and software should do some type of core dump on a crash like that. That core dump can be downloaded and used to view the state of the system at the time of crash (software crash not Jeep).
Old 05-03-2007, 04:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Commander problems

My friend had a Commander with the Hemi, and after 3 months, his rig died on the way back from vacation from FL. The dealer had to replace the coil and a bunch of other electrical parts that fried for no reason! He paid twice as much for his Jeep, makes me feel better about my minor problems. But he has working Bluetooth!

Quick Reply: Jeep Commander Stall bug too