Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

J8 official but not fur U.S.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i have been to my dealer this morning after reading this earlier today, to see what he'll do me on a new one and what i'd get for my 4mth old JK

and ... they dont know anything about them and doesnt think its coming to the UK, but he's looking into it and going to get back to me!
Old 09-09-2008, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

The reason this J8 or JT will never happen IMO is because it would only appleal to people like us. I would kill to have one of these, but I am happy with my JK 4 door. To make a Jeep Pick Up would mean it would have to compete with all the major Pick Up makers like Ford Chevy etc etc. Most everyone of the members here would buy a J8 but to the masses it will not make Chrysler a massive profit. And the Jk has done well with sales why would they make something new when the 4 door JK has made them a ton of money. I guess we can all hope, but I dont see it happening but sure would love one.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:27 AM
JK Jedi

I think it's likely we will see a JT pickup at some point, whether or not we see the running gear of the J8 is the question. Mopar is selling the D60 now, and if we ever see a diesel it will likely be one of the newer engines, so will likely be a couple years, if ever. I would be surprised to see the leaf springs, but they make sense from a payload capacity standpoint. I think this Jeep would be a niche vehicle only, not really competing seriously with other pick-ups, which is why if it ever happens it will be much more like the current Unlimited in running gear.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Frog Rubicon
I like the J8

Look at the wheels! Not mags, but REAL WHEELS for a Wrangler, like the Willys

Where do I sign up for one.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frog Rubicon
I like the J8

Look at the wheels! Not mags, but REAL WHEELS for a Wrangler, like the Willys

Does it have PLASTIC FENDERS TOO?
Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 PM
JK Newbie

love it....i want the wheels!!! anyone sell those?!
Old 09-19-2008, 02:16 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by doc1977
love it....i want the wheels!!! anyone sell those?!

I believe Stockton makes something similar, not cheap though.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
I think this Jeep would be a niche vehicle only, not really competing seriously with other pick-ups, which is why if it ever happens it will be much more like the current Unlimited in running gear.

It'll be the Scambler of 2025!
Old 09-23-2008, 01:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sure you can go to Egypt and order one,
Old 09-23-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Since I know a bit about the VM Motori engine, I will postulate the following:

The reasons the US wont get one are:

a) High Sulpher in oil Diesel. This clogs injectors, and causes high emissions.

b)It would have to have Urea (Horse Pee Crystals) Injection to get it to comply with US Emissions.

c) 0-60 times. In America, everyone wants a quick car, and while the J8 jumps off the line, it is NOT quick past 70 mph. It's a slug. It struggles at 65 actually. But once you get one up to 75 - it will stay there until you hit a hill. Then you are back to 55 or less. Floored.

d) Towing. Towing is not recommended past 45-50 mph. No screaming down the freeway with that little boat or camper. It's not geared for it, nor does it have that freeway Horsepower.

e) Demand. It will cost in the neighborhood of $3,000 - $3500 US as an option. Cerebus Corp doesn't think the US Buyer will buy one at that price, just to get honked at on the Freeway.

f) Capable 4 wheeler? You bet. This is a monster at 0 - 25 mph. Can't stop it. Would get not bad mileage at freeway speed, but not with the A/C running, camping gear, coolers, kids, 2 dogs and a heavy wife.

Quick Reply: J8 official but not fur U.S.