Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I've had it!

Old 09-12-2010, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tslewisz
I believe any voice recording must be done with permission or with a court order to be done legally. Be careful.
LINDA TRIPP

Video yes / Audio NO!
Old 09-12-2010, 06:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
I believe this to be true too but...many of the cop cruiser camera setups are also set up with sound. Wouldn't this fall into the same category?

There are bad cops just like there are bad Jeepers. Sorry to hear about your problem and I hope you get some positive results from your research.
Some states require consent from all parties, some states allow one-party consent where only one party to the conversation (ie, you) can consent...
Old 09-12-2010, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by spartan99

I have very little respect for the police because they're simply normal people with a license to be dicks. I'm polite to them when they give me shit though because cops are the most likely people to beat their wives. It's true. It's a very common statistic. I think about the guy's wife at home and how I don't want him to go home angry and assault her, so I'm very nice to cops.
Well, your a douchebag...and I hope the next time you are hurt or the victim of a crime you tell the responding police officer that you have very little respect for him/her police because they're simply normal people with a license to be dicks...id like to see that...
Old 09-12-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WranglerJoe
Swing on over to indianapolis. Our Cops get away with drinking and driving while on duty. One killed a motorcyclist last month while on his way to a warrent call. He was twice the legal limit. He drove over one biker and critically injured two others. His fellow pig buddies told him he has to do a standard blood draw to check for alcohol and they conveniently directed him to a clinic of uncertified health care providers. Long story short the drunk driving charges were ALL thrown out along with anything related to murder while intoxicated. Citizens of Indy are OUTRAGED!!!!!

Indy cops= useless!! God's got something waiting for them. You can live above the law all you want but you can't live above your judgment day!!!
And "respitory therapists" have NEVER messed up.... freakin' quacks are always getting sued for malpractice! They review each others ef'd up actions and render a pat on the back....

IF all that you say is correct and not skewed by your obvious bias, there is a serious problem. To paint the entire police career field with that brush is nothing short of assinine.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RichRock
I worked with cops and in the criminal legal system for almost 30 years. Looks like other posters have nailed the probable cause issue correctly. I just want to add that although there are a lot of cops like this guy, who make up things when they feel their "authority" threatened, there are also many men and women in law enforcement who do their job fairly, courteously, and bravely. Incidents like this one make their lives difficult too.
And many relay the facts that best serve there purpose. They omit their own actions. They rely on others sympathy or dislike of authority to side with their argument. I'm not saying that is what we have here, but I wouldn't rule it out either....
Old 09-12-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm not so sure I'd bother fighting the ticket. He's a cop and has access to your personal information. You want that nut job after you, with the law on his side? What if he shows up at your house one day and blows your head off? Pay the ticket and just be thankful that's all that happened to you. Think of all the people who've been killed and racially harrassed by cops and crap like that. If all you do is have to pay some money, be thankful.
YOU think he is going to do that and HE is the nut job...Im not defending what this guy did, but im not going to draw any conclusions from only hearing ONE side of the story either....

From what the OP says, sure, this guy sounds like a bit of a douche and he overstepped his authority, HOWEVER, i would bet there is more to the story than what is being told...maybe not, but to draw conclusions, of make assumptions about ALL Police makes you sound like our dumb ass president (whom, from your comments, I wouldnt be suprised if you voted for).

To the OP:
If what you posted is how it happened, fight it. The law enforcement profession does not need people like this ruining its reputation. This guy was wrong and possibly violated your constitutional rights. At the very least, he has used poor judgement, that is, if your story is 100%true...

To everyone else, lets not monday morning QB a story to which 1. you were not there 2. you only have one side of. Its not fair to all the good, honest Police officers putting their lives on the line every day to protect you (the public). Obviously, there are going to be bad apples in the Law Enforcement profession. People are human and those doing the hiring make mistakes sometimes. If you take the attitude that you are going to hate all police, then I feel sorry for you. People love to hate the Police when they are getting a ticket, or they are being locked up yet when the tables are turned and you need help you call the Police...and they show up, every time.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

I have very little respect for the police because they're simply normal people with a license to be dicks. I'm polite to them when they give me shit though because cops are the most likely people to beat their wives. It's true. It's a very common statistic. I think about the guy's wife at home and how I don't want him to go home angry and assault her, so I'm very nice to cops.[/QUOTE]

You are an idiot.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Youri
CosJeeper. You get PAID for the things you do. Why would you complain about it? You're not doing it for free. If you don't like your job, get another one.

And you think your reputation is undeserved? That people just started despising cops for no reason? Open up google and search for police brutality.

Stop tazering grandmas, stop murdering people, stop shooting black people in the back of the head when they're down on the ground, stop planting drugs on people, stop being corrupt, stop lying.

I promise you, you will earn our respect. It won't take much. Just don't be power tripping pigs.
Your a f ing moron...your not worth any more words...
Old 09-12-2010, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Of course that officer left. Just like bazzethound left. Cops aren't known for their intellect.

The local police departments in the Bay Area are under all kinds of serious investigations of corruption and violence. Here's an article about a recent cop stealing coke, in order to do it herself, that was supposed to be used as evidence in a case. This cop took coke and then helped prosecute coke users. What a loser.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-04-2...nd-prosecutors

Here's the drunk cop who plowed through cyclists. The article leaves out that he had a recent DUI and passed out when he murdered the cyclists and that he was never tried for MURDER like anyone else would have been. What a loser:

http://www.policeone.com/officer-mis...lists-kills-2/

Here's info about the recent killing by an officer. What a loser:

http://www.examiner.com/race-justice...of-oscar-grant

All of this is recent. When will the police violence end? And, their enormous salaries and benefits are well, thievery in my opinion.

I will continue to not hold any special respect for cops until the violence and frankly, stupidity, ends and they cut their salaries and benefits in half and their guns are taken away.
The more you post, the more of a f ing moron you make yourself out to be. Do yourself a favor and shut the f$#k up
Old 09-12-2010, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bazetthound
Your whole post was "presumptuous" (to be clear, I'm talking about your statement about the cop beating his wife) Don't let facts cloud your judgement, buddy. Your obviously a police hater.
X2.... until someone steals his JEEP or kicks his arse... then who do you think he'll call...

Quick Reply: I've had it!