Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I've had it!

Old 09-10-2010, 01:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Bazzetthound you are as defensive as you are presumptuous. Neither approach to discussion or decision making is productive, but that's your problem and not mine. Good luck.

Last edited by spartan99; 09-10-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spartan99
I have done my homework, Bazetthound. Spent a lot of time studying domestic violence in college and well... sorry but cops top the list. I know that's it's pretty difficult to grasp; one would assume just the opposite. Don't know what else to tell ya.
Compared to what or who do cops top the list of? I dont understand.. cops top the list of domestic violence compared to what? Most statistics are made up on bias.

statistically speaking Did you know you're more likely to get bit by a shark on a beach that sells ice cream?
Old 09-10-2010, 01:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Cops are more likely to be physical aggressive with their spouses than men of other professions. I don't know how simpler I can get with that statement. Here's another way to put it: You are more likely to be physically abusive toward your spouse if you're a cop than if you are of any other profession.

I understand statistics well, and your shark scenario is an example of a spurious corelation. The cop/domestic corelation is not spurious. I won't go too far into it because this is not the correct forum, but there's plent of info on line, such as this:

http://www.purpleberets.org/violence..._families.html

Here's the info if the link didn't work:

Officer Curt Lubiszewski is not an anomaly. Hundreds of women, partners of police officers, are beaten every year. Just this April, Crystal Brame was killed by her estranged husband, the police chief of Tacoma, Washington. Here are some facts on cops as batterers.

Domestic violence is 2 to 4 times more common in police families than in the general population. In two separate studies, 40% of police officers self-report that they have used violence against their domestic partners within the last year. In the general population, it's estimated that domestic violence occurs in about 10% of families.
In a nationwide survey of 123 police departments, 45% had no specific policy for dealing with officer-involved domestic violence.
In that same survey, the most common discipline imposed for a sustained allegation of domestic violence was counseling. Only 19% of departments indicated that officers would be terminated after a second sustained allegation of domestic violence.
In San Diego, a national model in domestic violence prosecution, the City Attorney typically prosecutes 92% of referred domestic violence cases, but only 42% of cases where the batterer is a cop.

Special Problems for Victims

Her batterer always has a gun (often many guns and other weapons) and is trained to use it.
He knows how to inflict pain and leave no marks or bruises.
He's trained to intimidate by his presence alone, and to use his body as a weapon.
He lets her know he has the power to harm or kill her and get away with it, or have others do it for him.
How can she call the police? He is the police!
He tells her that if she does call police, the officers (his colleagues and friends) will believe him and not her ... and he's right.
He often threatens that if she reports to police he'll lose his job, and if that happens, she's dead.
He has access to surveillance tools like phone taps, police scanners, vehicle tracking devices, and audio and video recording equipment to stalk or monitor the victim's activities.
The batterer or his fellow officers will often "patrol" the victim's house, work place, children's school or daycare center.
Friends, family and service providers are afraid of the batterer and thus afraid to get involved.
Domestic violence advocates may share her information with the police. (Other than Purple Berets and Women's Justice Center, all domestic violence advocates in Sonoma County work for either the police or district attorney's office.)
He knows the location of battered women's shelters.
He knows the court system, often testifies in court, and knows district attorneys, judges and bailiffs personally.
Jurors assume police officers would not lie in court.
If Your Batterer is a Cop

Even more than other battered women, when you decide to leave or prosecute you need to move strategically and get good advice from the outset.

Find an advocate who is independent from police agencies and experienced in working with police officer violence.

Make a comprehensive safety plan: put money aside he doesn't know about, identify where you can flee with your children, etc. Domestic violence shelters can help you with this anonymously.
While the tendency is to take "baby steps" so as not to enrage him, once you make your move, the more power you can muster, the more likely you can stand up to the power you'll be up against. Report to police or district attorney, get a restraining order and report to his police agency all at once.
If police and DAs are unresponsive, go to the press.
Contact Purple Berets for "Police Domestic Violence: A Handbook for Victims."
(This information was gathered from the National Center for Women and Policing, Life Span, and Abuse of Power.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Here's more. Type in police and domestic violence on line. LOTS of info. It's a really well known fact among those who study violence.

http://www.parc.info/police_and_domestic_violence.chtml

"The problem of officer-involved domestic violence is longstanding."

http://www.womenandpolicing.org/violenceFS.asp

http://www.policeone.com/health-fitn...e-Two-stories/

There's countless information on this fact. Just the way it is. It sucks. And it's only smart to use this information properly and deal with such a group of people accordingly. Just like you'd deal with a pitbull differently than you'd deal with poodle.

Last edited by spartan99; 09-10-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:35 PM
JK Super Freak

So Bazzethound, you have nothing to say now that you've been presented with some facts, eh? Not even an acknowledgement that you've been informed of something? If you can't handle an intellectual conversation, then don't have one.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fight this shit. Especially if they are school/campus police, you can fight this just like any other traffic ticket.

You did not give consent, and you can fight the ticket for being "too big". Look in the rules for one, and 2, prove that other (and much larger vehicles) do not seem to be having any tickets written for them

Secondly, 1 mph over....thats a stretch. That can get knocked off no problem. How fast did the cop go to catch up with you and get behind you to pull you over? He probably went 35 down the road to get up behind you to flash his lights at you lol....
Old 09-11-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs down

I'm a cop and a former 3x TJ owner and current JK owner. I just joined the site and was just getting some time to post some stuff up. Thanks for making my decision to find another site a little easier.

Frankly I'm sure as I take a shit in the morning that not one of you assholes has the balls to call me pig to my face

I work my ass off to serve and protect. Just for your information I don't beat my wife or write people useless tickets. I write assholes for every single possible charge I can find, and take pictures of what I see so that when we go to court, your ass loses. The polite respectful one's usually get a shiny new warning. I also audio record all contact so that when you lie on the stand, I can be sure to point that out to the judge.

60 hour work weeks, blood, piss and shit in my car every night, bar fights, child abuse killings, animal cruelty, 12 year old kid stabbing school mate, fighting, getting spit on, getting complaints cause your precious innocent 16 year old daughter got caught fucking in the mall parking lot while smoking pot and drunk. Like I really need to read more bullshit then I see every night on a site I come to for advice and entertainment.

Next time you get in that car accident, call a plumber. Wife getting raped, the Schwan's man is around the corner. Kid stole your mail and is using your ID to get himself a nice new xbox, gees wish i could help, but hey the clerk at 7-11 has some free time.

You people assume the poster was giving an accurate, truthful depiction of the event. I'm pretty sure there's going to be a little more to it then just his side.

Let the rain of juvenile reply's begin. I won't be reading them, I'll find a new set of adult's to converse with. I'm a little saddened the admins haven't put a stop to this.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cosJeeper
I'm a cop and a former 3x TJ owner and current JK owner. I just joined the site and was just getting some time to post some stuff up. Thanks for making my decision to find another site a little easier.

Frankly I'm sure as I take a shit in the morning that not one of you assholes has the balls to call me pig to my face

I work my ass off to serve and protect. Just for your information I don't beat my wife or write people useless tickets. I write assholes for every single possible charge I can find, and take pictures of what I see so that when we go to court, your ass loses. The polite respectful one's usually get a shiny new warning. I also audio record all contact so that when you lie on the stand, I can be sure to point that out to the judge.

60 hour work weeks, blood, piss and shit in my car every night, bar fights, child abuse killings, animal cruelty, 12 year old kid stabbing school mate, fighting, getting spit on, getting complaints cause your precious innocent 16 year old daughter got caught fucking in the mall parking lot while smoking pot and drunk. Like I really need to read more bullshit then I see every night on a site I come to for advice and entertainment.

Next time you get in that car accident, call a plumber. Wife getting raped, the Schwan's man is around the corner. Kid stole your mail and is using your ID to get himself a nice new xbox, gees wish i could help, but hey the clerk at 7-11 has some free time.

You people assume the poster was giving an accurate, truthful depiction of the event. I'm pretty sure there's going to be a little more to it then just his side.

Let the rain of juvenile reply's begin. I won't be reading them, I'll find a new set of adult's to converse with. I'm a little saddened the admins haven't put a stop to this.
You're seriously going to leave an awesome site over 1 thread?
Old 09-11-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm i think this thread should probably be deleted....
Old 09-11-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SmokeShowin
You're seriously going to leave an awesome site over 1 thread?
I say good riddance.

Welcome to the Internet, Officer. Perhaps the only place he will find a safe haven is http://Officer.com. They rejoice in stomping on civil liberties over there.

Quick Reply: I've had it!