Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I've had it!

Old 09-10-2010, 08:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not so sure I'd bother fighting the ticket. He's a cop and has access to your personal information. You want that nut job after you, with the law on his side? What if he shows up at your house one day and blows your head off? Pay the ticket and just be thankful that's all that happened to you. Think of all the people who've been killed and racially harrassed by cops and crap like that. If all you do is have to pay some money, be thankful.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spartan99
A drunk cop, on duty, passed out behind the wheel and plowed through a group of cyclists, slaughtering several of them. This happened a few minutes from my home a few years ago. According to witnesses, it was horrific and disgusting with body parts everywhere, etc. Turns out the cop 1) had a DUI on his record from only A FEW YEARS PRIOR 2) was not convicted of a crime for this event 3) and WAS ON PAID ADMIN LEAVE DURING THE INVESTIGATION.

I have very little respect for the police because they're simply normal people with a license to be dicks. I'm polite to them when they give me shit though because cops are the most likely people to beat their wives. It's true. It's a very common statistic. I think about the guy's wife at home and how I don't want him to go home angry and assault her, so I'm very nice to cops.
That's just plain IGNORANT! Name ONE occupation where there aren't a few bad apples in the mix... You must also have "very little respect" for soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen, fire fighters, paramedics, and other high stress service occupations.

Go tell all the good cops out there who save lives and even die protecting the public that you "have very little respect for the police". And your above mentioned stats are bullshit. Do your homework next time you post.

Last edited by Bazetthound; 09-10-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

"You must also have "very little respect" for soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen, fire fighters, paramedics, and other high stress service occupations. "

That is a presumptuous statement. Believe what you want, stranger.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mskh20
or the Constitution for that matter
Constitutions (state and federal) don't regulate disputes between private parties. They regulate the government. But the rest of your points are fairly taken.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

No way that pig gets consent to search because you said no. Period.

Although it is legal for a pig to lie to you. You let him in.

I never answer cop questions ever. The only reason they ask questions is to develop a reason to arrest you.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Freak

Is it this cop ?!?!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

That is a presumptuous statement. Believe what you want, stranger.
Your whole post was "presumptuous" (to be clear, I'm talking about your statement about the cop beating his wife) Don't let facts cloud your judgement, buddy. Your obviously a police hater.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not so sure I'd bother fighting the ticket. He's a cop and has access to your personal information. You want that nut job after you, with the law on his side? What if he shows up at your house one day and blows your head off? Pay the ticket and just be thankful that's all that happened to you. Think of all the people who've been killed and racially harrassed by cops and crap like that. If all you do is have to pay some money, be thankful.
Ha ha ha ha!!! You should take that script to Hollywood and write movies. It's so emotionally charged and scandalous.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by richrock
i worked with cops and in the criminal legal system for almost 30 years. Looks like other posters have nailed the probable cause issue correctly. I just want to add that although there are a lot of cops like this guy, who make up things when they feel their "authority" threatened, there are also many men and women in law enforcement who do their job fairly, courteously, and bravely. Incidents like this one make their lives difficult too.
THANK YOU richrock
Old 09-10-2010, 12:29 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
Constitutions (state and federal) don't regulate disputes between private parties. They regulate the government. But the rest of your points are fairly taken.
You are certainly correct, but I don't think my post stated anything to the contrary. The subject matter of the original post addresses how the individual was treated by law enforcement (i.e. the government) and my post was in reference to all of the comments about 4th and 5th Amendment rights, probable cause, and what a person should or should not say to a police officer.

My point was simply that I think it would be far better for the OP to speak with a qualified attorney in his own state than it would be for him to rely on the advice of a bunch of non-attorneys from who knows where. Even though I am a practicing litigation attorney accepted to two different state bars, I don't even endeavor to give spur of the moment legal advice in this online forum (partly for ethical reasons but also because I know how fact, and forum, determinative any given legal question might be.)

Edit: to fix a typo

Last edited by Sharkey; 09-10-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Quick Reply: I've had it!