Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I've had it!

Old 09-09-2010, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not committed a crime.
I do not consent to any searches.
Am I free to go?

Remember those next time. Also watch the youtube video - "Dont talk to police." or something like that.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

just watched that don't talk to the police thing on youtube, was great information
Old 09-09-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A drunk cop, on duty, passed out behind the wheel and plowed through a group of cyclists, slaughtering several of them. This happened a few minutes from my home a few years ago. According to witnesses, it was horrific and disgusting with body parts everywhere, etc. Turns out the cop 1) had a DUI on his record from only A FEW YEARS PRIOR 2) was not convicted of a crime for this event 3) and WAS ON PAID ADMIN LEAVE DURING THE INVESTIGATION.

I have very little respect for the police because they're simply normal people with a license to be dicks. I'm polite to them when they give me shit though because cops are the most likely people to beat their wives. It's true. It's a very common statistic. I think about the guy's wife at home and how I don't want him to go home angry and assault her, so I'm very nice to cops.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tslewisz
I believe any voice recording must be done with permission or with a court order to be done legally. Be careful.
This varies from state to state check your state laws.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pyite
I have not committed a crime.
I do not consent to any searches.
Am I free to go?

Remember those next time. Also watch the youtube video - "Dont talk to police." or something like that.
I wouldn't go around denying anything to the police. I would recommend just exercising your right to remain silent. It's hard to do but it will much better serve you in the end.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Warpedguy77
I wouldn't go around denying anything to the police. I would recommend just exercising your right to remain silent. It's hard to do but it will much better serve you in the end.
Agreed, if you deny it, it can be used. I'd simply say "By law I am not required to talk at any point, im sorry, but I am choosing not to talk right now."
Old 09-09-2010, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by spartan99
A drunk cop, on duty, passed out behind the wheel and plowed through a group of cyclists, slaughtering several of them. This happened a few minutes from my home a few years ago. According to witnesses, it was horrific and disgusting with body parts everywhere, etc. Turns out the cop 1) had a DUI on his record from only A FEW YEARS PRIOR 2) was not convicted of a crime for this event 3) and WAS ON PAID ADMIN LEAVE DURING THE INVESTIGATION.

I have very little respect for the police because they're simply normal people with a license to be dicks. I'm polite to them when they give me shit though because cops are the most likely people to beat their wives. It's true. It's a very common statistic. I think about the guy's wife at home and how I don't want him to go home angry and assault her, so I'm very nice to cops.
This also just happened in Indianapolis! All over the news. The cop may get off because his Alcohol test was done at the wrong hospital (The IMPD know which hospital to take people to and he was taken to the wrong one... cover up?)
Old 09-09-2010, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

BAD COP plain and simple. You know how many people carry guns in Montana in black cases???? TONS.. I have family there and have been all over that state for years. High school kids take their guns to school... (back of their window). Lots of these new cops get moved in from different states where the law may be different. Let's take california for example, rookie cop in 1996 (greatfalls Montana) gave me a ticket for smoking pot. This is the day my mother passed away of cancer!! I told him the story but he could give a shit less. The senior officer apologized and said sorry for my loss. He said he was a rookie cop from LA Sometimes these guys are out for anything as their use to gangbanging big cities. Sounds far fetched? I have many more stories of this nature....

Just saying, Sorry you had to deal with this douche.

Last edited by jasonG; 09-09-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Warpedguy77
Not the case in any state other than IL, MA, or MD. These three states are the only ones who are twisting wiretapping laws to arrest people who film the police. If you are on public property you can film anything you can see from said public property legally. With or without peoples consent. You have no reasonable expectation of privacy outside of your home.
Thanks for the clarification for others. You see my location.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:53 PM
JK Jedi

What happened to the OP was b.s. on many different levels. With that said, I'm always shocked to see how many people post up "legal" advice on this forum thinking they know how a particular state's law, or the Constitution for that matter, applies to the given situation.

To the OP: do yourself a favor...get competent legal advice from a qualified attorney so you can best be prepared to fight your ticket, and so you can decide the best way to address police officers in the future.

Just my .02

Quick Reply: I've had it!