Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I've had it!

Old 09-08-2010, 09:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BStelling
Today I was walking to my Jeep to drive over to class and notice there is a cop parked right next my Jeep and he is looking into my Jeep and so at this point I kinda hurry over to see what was wrong. I approached him kindly and asked if there was a problem. He told me that my Jeep was "too big" for these parking spots and that I was getting a ticket. For what, I never got to that point of asking him. Upon "looking around" he said he noticed some "large black boxes" (which happened to be, my big husky tool set that was sitting on the back seat, a normal tool box that I kept all my other tools in, as well as my torque wrench that also happened to be in a black plastic case) and asked if it was okay for him to go through my Jeep and check everything out. I was kinda already short on time for classes and told him kindly "sorry, but I need to get to class, I'm in a hurry" at this point he looks at me puzzled and looks back through my windows and demands that I open my truck cause he has "consent to look" because I denied him entry. So at this point I'm like WTFFFF!?!?!?!? He ends up going through everything, BRINGS HIS K-9 UNIT AND HAS THE DOG SNIFF THROUGHOUT MY JEEP, in the end he doesn't find shit. He says I can go on my way and so I hop in and get the hell out of there since I had 1 minute to get to my class. The asshole decides to follow me and as I'm about to get to the parking lot WOOP WOOPP WOOP another god damn cop flashes his lights and pulls me over. At this point I've about had it!!! He walks up and I'm already not in a good mood. He asks me if I knew why he pulled me over, I told him straight up that I had no idea why. His answer "I caught you going 26 MPH in a 25 MPH zone.....I about blew a gasket. Really? Like really? So long story short I get a ticket for going 1 MPH over the speed limit. I wasn't driving aggressively or anything. It was on a straight road, hardly anybody around. I will be seeing his sorry ass in court. Fucking rent a cop pig doesn't deserve his job. I'm sure there are better things for him to do than give people tickets for going 1 MPH over the speed limit. Before, I never had a problem with the police, clean record, everything. Now I hate them with a passion.
Sounds like you had a run in with a bad cop... simple as that. As for your last sentence, I hope you aren't that stupid. Those are strong words directed at a very broad profession. Just wait till the next time you have to call 911 for an emergency...
Old 09-08-2010, 09:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKCliff
There you go... Use that education and worldy experience to end his reign of tyranny. Do you have this experience captured on your cell phone video camera? If you do you have him by the short hairs. You have described a clear violation of 4th Amnd. violations. Good luck. Let us know what you end up with. If there are more details please relay them. Have you had run-ins with the officer (s) prior to this?
I really wish I would have taped this with my phone or at least recorded it but I didn't have my phone on me at the time. But however, I did see the little camera sitting on officer assholes dashboard. I'm hoping that was recorded. If not, I have a friend that was with me during the entire ordeal. I will definitely keep everybody up to date with how this situation turns out. I have NEVER had any run-ins with ANY officer. Nothing. Zilch. Nada.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bazetthound
Sounds like you had a run in with a bad cop... simple as that. As for your last sentence, I hope you aren't that stupid. Those are strong words directed at a very broad profession. Just wait till the next time you have to call 911 for an emergency...
I know they may seem like harsh words. I'm just a little heated at the moment. I know not ALL cops are like this or at least I hope not! But seriously, some things are uncalled for.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Dude, that story hurts my soul. I was guessing you were gunna say he was just blowing smoke at you for going 26, and was just messing with you.. But the truth is much suckier and I am sorry. I guess the lesson we can all learn from this is that he lived a deprived childhood and was jealous of your jk, thus he Wanted to eff with you by giving you that ticket. Keep your head high though and realize it was just that one guy and that most of them are out there to help us out
Old 09-08-2010, 10:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BStelling
I know they may seem like harsh words. I'm just a little heated at the moment. I know not ALL cops are like this or at least I hope not! But seriously, some things are uncalled for.
No worries, man. Cops like that don't deserve the job and responsibility that goes with it. You won't have any problems fighting them in court, seeing as the search was unlawful and your speed was only 1mph over. Good luck, and hopefully you'll meet some good cops down the road.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BIGBEAR
I was a cop for six years. This guy you described is the primary reason I moved away from that career choice. Some of these cops get a bigger head than needed to accomplish their jobs. Makes me sick!

Based on that logic, you should probably move away from Texas, or anywhere for that matter. No matter what job you do or where you live, there's always going to be losers like that. If you truly wanted to be a police officer in the first place, you should've transfered to another department or agency with higher standards. In the USA, a lot of police departments have a very low recruiting standard. Try a large metropolitan department or government agency.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, I gotta see a pic of this ticket.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I remberd hearing this awhile ago.

A police officers job is to protect and serve to those that canot protect ,or defend themselves.
So basically the kids, or the elderly seinor citizens. And in my oppinion the illeagle alliens should have no rights .

You say in ur profile that you are at U of M but live in Montana . U of M is in Michigan just wondering . I have never been herased in Annarbor, and i have 37s and 5 inches of lift.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Swing on over to indianapolis. Our Cops get away with drinking and driving while on duty. One killed a motorcyclist last month while on his way to a warrent call. He was twice the legal limit. He drove over one biker and critically injured two others. His fellow pig buddies told him he has to do a standard blood draw to check for alcohol and they conveniently directed him to a clinic of uncertified health care providers. Long story short the drunk driving charges were ALL thrown out along with anything related to murder while intoxicated. Citizens of Indy are OUTRAGED!!!!!

Indy cops= useless!! God's got something waiting for them. You can live above the law all you want but you can't live above your judgment day!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 01:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hardcoreoffroad
A police officers job is to protect and serve to those that canot protect ,or defend themselves.
So basically the kids, or the elderly seinor citizens. And in my oppinion the illeagle alliens should have no rights .

You say in ur profile that you are at U of M but live in Montana . U of M is in Michigan just wondering . I have never been herased in Annarbor, and i have 37s and 5 inches of lift.
University of Montana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaThe University of Montana (UM, U of M, or 'The U') is a state university located in Missoula, Montana, U.S. The school was founded in 1893. ...

Sounds like you need to get out of your little box more often.

Quick Reply: I've had it!