Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I've had it!

Old 09-08-2010, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've had it!

Today I was walking to my Jeep to drive over to class and notice there is a cop parked right next my Jeep and he is looking into my Jeep and so at this point I kinda hurry over to see what was wrong. I approached him kindly and asked if there was a problem. He told me that my Jeep was "too big" for these parking spots and that I was getting a ticket. For what, I never got to that point of asking him. Upon "looking around" he said he noticed some "large black boxes" (which happened to be, my big husky tool set that was sitting on the back seat, a normal tool box that I kept all my other tools in, as well as my torque wrench that also happened to be in a black plastic case) and asked if it was okay for him to go through my Jeep and check everything out. I was kinda already short on time for classes and told him kindly "sorry, but I need to get to class, I'm in a hurry" at this point he looks at me puzzled and looks back through my windows and demands that I open my truck cause he has "consent to look" because I denied him entry. So at this point I'm like WTFFFF!?!?!?!? He ends up going through everything, BRINGS HIS K-9 UNIT AND HAS THE DOG SNIFF THROUGHOUT MY JEEP, in the end he doesn't find shit. He says I can go on my way and so I hop in and get the hell out of there since I had 1 minute to get to my class. The asshole decides to follow me and as I'm about to get to the parking lot WOOP WOOPP WOOP another god damn cop flashes his lights and pulls me over. At this point I've about had it!!! He walks up and I'm already not in a good mood. He asks me if I knew why he pulled me over, I told him straight up that I had no idea why. His answer "I caught you going 26 MPH in a 25 MPH zone.....I about blew a gasket. Really? Like really? So long story short I get a ticket for going 1 MPH over the speed limit. I wasn't driving aggressively or anything. It was on a straight road, hardly anybody around. I will be seeing his sorry ass in court. Fucking rent a cop pig doesn't deserve his job. I'm sure there are better things for him to do than give people tickets for going 1 MPH over the speed limit. Before, I never had a problem with the police, clean record, everything. Now I hate them with a passion.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I've had it!

Damn. I've had my bad run in with cops, but what you went through is just ridiculous. Sorry to hear about it, and glad to know you're taking it to court... Good luck
Old 09-08-2010, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

if you tell a cop that you dont want him to search your car, unless he has probable cause then he cant search you car, he did not have any consent what so ever to look.

I love police, and i thank them for their service,
But fuck pigs... and yes there is a difference between the two
Old 09-08-2010, 08:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear you bro.

I don't see how you gave the cop "concent to search" from what you posted. If he still searched without probable cause he definitely violated your 4th amendment rights. I'm curious to know if you were parked on public or private property? If you were parked outside a walmart for example there is no way for him to ticket you for being parked outside the lines. It looks like this guy was fishing here.

I don't talk to the police. The 5th amendment gives me the right to remain silent. There is nothing that you can say to help your case when dealing with them. Some people will argue that you can talk your way out of a ticket but often times that doesn't happen. If I'm ever pulled over I have my license, registration and proof of insurance ready for the police officer before he has an opportunity to ask me if I knew why he stopped me. (They do this to see if they can get you to admit to doing anything illegal, They WILL use this against you in court if you go that route) Hand them these three things and tell them you've been advised by your "lawyer" to not talk to the police without him being present. Do not answer any questions!

They can threaten all they want but know your rights and stick to your guns!

I would file a complaint with the dept. Did you happen to get these officers names or badge numbers? Nothing changes unless people speak up.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Warpedguy77
I hear you bro.

I don't see how you gave the cop "concent to search" from what you posted. If he still searched without probable cause he definitely violated your 4th amendment rights. I'm curious to know if you were parked on public or private property? If you were parked outside a walmart for example there is no way for him to ticket you for being parked outside the lines. It looks like this guy was fishing here.

I don't talk to the police. The 5th amendment gives me the right to remain silent. There is nothing that you can say to help your case when dealing with them. Some people will argue that you can talk your way out of a ticket but often times that doesn't happen. If I'm ever pulled over I have my license, registration and proof of insurance ready for the police officer before he has an opportunity to ask me if I knew why he stopped me. (They do this to see if they can get you to admit to doing anything illegal, They WILL use this against you in court if you go that route) Hand them these three things and tell them you've been advised by your "lawyer" to not talk to the police without him being present. Do not answer any questions!

They can threaten all they want but know your rights and stick to your guns!

I would file a complaint with the dept. Did you happen to get these officers names or badge numbers? Nothing changes unless people speak up.
I was parked in the parking lot outside of my dorm where everybody else is parked. What I don't understand is that there is a quite heavily modded FJ that was about five spots down from me and he's got 37's and what looks like a 5 in lift and he was ON the line. I didn't see him snooping through his truck. I however was parked at the far end with the curb on one side of me and as far over on my left to prevent being door dinged. In no way was I breaking any laws that I can find. I had a 50/50 idea on what my rights are and this definitely was bullshit. You can bet your life on it I got all of his badge information, name and all the other details. Tomorrow I'm going in and will be getting this all sorted out. This is just outrageous.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

My guess is they are both FJ owners and pissed they cant take their doors/tops off. . . . . . . . .

All jokes aside, im sorry you went through that. Total bullshit!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:45 PM
JK Freak

Default I've had it!!

Dude that sucks! But at least we all know what to say when a jerk starts getting silly.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Warpedguy77
If he still searched without probable cause he definitely violated your 4th amendment rights.

Whenever an officer wants to search anything, ask him what his probable cause is. If he doesn't have one he cant search unless you give him permission.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by McPuck86

Whenever an officer wants to search anything, ask him what his probable cause is. If he doesn't have one he cant search unless you give him permission.
I had this in the back of my mind but, in the end I never said it. I know I should have but I was just in a hurry and never thought about bringing it up. What I don't understand is why he thought he had to check through my truck because of those black boxes. Maybe he thought since it was on a universities campus that I was hiding something

I really dont give a shit now. I'm bringing his ass down.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:29 PM
JK Freak

There you go... Use that education and worldy experience to end his reign of tyranny. Do you have this experience captured on your cell phone video camera? If you do you have him by the short hairs. You have described a clear violation of 4th Amnd. violations. Good luck. Let us know what you end up with. If there are more details please relay them. Have you had run-ins with the officer (s) prior to this?

Quick Reply: I've had it!