Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

It's warming up, break out those soft tops

Old 01-17-2008, 04:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just drove my soft top 2300 miles, through driving rain and 50mph gusts in parts. Went through three (brushless) car washes during the trip to purge the salt from the undercarriage.

No leaks.

Duane Behrens ("Perzuki")
Old 01-17-2008, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RubiconOrdie
Also I reccommend unzipping your rear window and allowing it to rest in the cargo area. It rubs when you roll it up and it may leave marks.

Do ya'll mean unzip the sides and top and leave it hooked to the bar across the bottom? i can't quite picture what you mean.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by histrung
You pulled the handle portion of the clamp away from the hook so that it extends the reach about another 1/2 inch, right? I didn't realize this at first when I put my soft top on for the first time...
Haha, me too, I cursed at it for like an hour before I realized the latches had to seperate.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Does anybody know... Is that vertical piece with the plastic channel behind the door supposed to wrap around and seat into the door surround? It seems like it should but there just isn't enough give. 
Old 03-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yipes, Zombie thread...

Originally Posted by jpthunder
Does anybody know... Is that vertical piece with the plastic channel behind the door supposed to wrap around and seat into the door surround? It seems like it should but there just isn't enough give. 
Yes, it is supposed to hook into the surround. Tough when new or cold sometimes. Hook it there first, then finish zipping it. ~ Works on mine.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to putting my trek top back on but i have to wait, new jeep should be here in a couple of weeks
Old 03-18-2010, 02:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We've been in the 80's this week in So Cal so this weekend the Trektop finally goes back on!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:10 AM
JK Junkie

Maybe this weekend .... Will be in the 80's here in the East
Old 04-28-2010, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow....when I started this thread it was the first time I ever switched out the hard top for the soft top on my JK....3 years ago. Seemed like it took forever for one person to use this top. Since then I've gotten so fast at putting this top up and down I don't even think about it anymore. Still, those 2010 tops looks awful nice.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:03 PM
JK Newbie

Default Soft Top Too Tight?

I have a brand new 2010 Sahara 4 door. Took the hard top off yesterday and used the Bestop HOSS system hard top stand. Best investment I've made so far. Keeps the top upright and secure. Anyway, the soft top was the biggest problem. It was so incredibly tight, I could either clamp the front down or tuck in the back sails-but not both. Really frustrating. I called the dealer and he said that the canvas is just that tight and to keep trying. Is that true? Will it stretch out? Or am I missing a trick or 2? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Quick Reply: It's warming up, break out those soft tops