Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

It's ordered! Finally

Old 02-25-2012, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile It's ordered! Finally

Well I have indeed ordered a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited in black forest green and black/dark saddle interior.
6 speed manual, dual top group, leather trimmed seats w/ heat, connectivity group, max tow package, a/c auto temp control & media center 430N.
So I went to the dealer a few miles from me and got it ordered for a price of $600 under. Finally... wow! Now I'll just sit and play the waiting game... and save some more for the down payment. So I've been waiting for this for a long time. Just look at my join date...
<--------------------------------------
For those that have seen me around here for awhile lurking and posting without a JK or the knowledge to post about my JK experiences, since I didn't have one. Soon I can be a part of those threads. I had a 95 YJ years ago and loved it. I had it all built up with only but a couple things left on my project list. It was wrecked (by a tree) back in February 2007 (no collision coverage) and I was sure I would get another Wrangler soon. So I joined this forum and started saving for an 07' or 08'. I ripped apart every salvageable piece on my Wrangler and sold it to get down payment money. Of course time went by and every time I had a substantial down payment, it went to something more important or to settle financial burdens. For instance, buying a house. That ate up all my Jeep down payment money I had saved and of course everything there after that I would save. ie: Home Depot... Yikes. Then I put away wedding money and opened a business.
So now I have been able to put some money away recently and took the leap to order and soon purchase a JK. If all of you on here think that the 6-12 week wait is difficult, I have been waiting exactly to the month, 5 years.
When thinking about it, although it will probably eat me more that it is on order, the weeks to wait will probably be a hike on the trail (walk in the park) compared to the length of time I've been drooling over Wranglers.

Anyway, love this forum, always good stuff to read and great support. It will be nice to officially be a part of it.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on finally getting back to the Wrangler. Also congrats in the House, Wedding, and business.

All you can do now is wait these last weeks and plan for arrival.

PS, good color choice.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrates on the new purchase! Now you can start saving for the endless mods!!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

I parked my 2012 JKU in black forest green right next to a buddies 2012 JKU in black. It was a cloudy day and there was absolutely no way to tell a difference between those two colors. However, get a bright sunny day or park under a street light and the green emerges. Pretty cool. Congrats on the jeep.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ricksjeep10
Congrates on the new purchase! Now you can start saving for the endless mods!!!!
Oh Yeah... I know how that works. I'd get the catalogs and circle... everything. I remember on my last Jeep dropping 6k in one day and then a week later the entire garage door was blocked by boxes when the UPS guy delivered. (actually it may have been a UPS girl, she must have got a work out.)

Quick Reply: It's ordered! Finally