Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

It's not a truck!

Old 10-02-2010, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b5rider
She'll have to steal it from her older sister who wants it first. Shoot, I may have to get another one!
I have a similar story to yours from my daughters. Funny to hear them correcting the jealous ones. I just love how they partake in the Jeep Wave from whatever seat they are in and the names they come up with for the non-wavers. My 13yr old will get it first, and my 8yr old can't wait to get it after her.

Jeepincanada - that's not crap. Not a Jeep, but not crap either. I'd be more than willing to take it off your hands if you're too upset about this.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkinva
Jeepincanada - that's not crap. Not a Jeep, but not crap either. I'd be more than willing to take it off your hands if you're too upset about this.
Unfortunately, it's not mine...
it was just about debsJK's comment:
"I simply said dont mistake my Awesome Jeep for a crap hummer..."
I get it about a H3 or H2 but come on, the H1 is an awesome 4X4. I would take one any day...
Old 10-06-2010, 06:49 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan L
... Early SUVs were descendants from commercial and military vehicles such as the World War II Jeep and Land Rover. SUVs have been popular for many years with rural buyers due to their off-road capabilities. ...
Cliff Notes: A JK is a truck-based, body-on-frame SUV.
Well, and early man was descended from apes, but there's still a difference. In most of them, anyway. Regardless, a Jeep is most decidedly not a truck because it doesn't carry stuff in a bed or some other special conveyance for "trucking things".

Definition, truck, verb: To convey articles or goods on a truck.

To call a Jeep a truck is to lower it to the same level as those jacked to the heavens pieces of junk that are never off-roaded but cruise around on 35" tires with cattle guards as a front bumper, all shiny and clean, but with the most basic feature of a true off-road vehicle wrong: The location of the spare tire.

And, it's not an SUV because, like the ape, it remains delightfully uncivilized.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 10-06-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:55 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepincanada
... the H1 is an awesome 4X4. I would take one any day...
It depends what you want to do. If you like the challenges of Moab, well ...

H1 ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtsca9i4yHI

Jeep ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vdCWUn9uUI
Old 10-06-2010, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Well, and early man was descended from apes, but there's still a difference. In most of them, anyway. Regardless, a Jeep is most decidedly not a truck because it doesn't carry stuff in a bed or some other special conveyance for "trucking things".

Definition, truck, verb: To convey articles or goods on a truck.

To call a Jeep a truck is to lower it to the same level as those jacked to the heavens pieces of junk that are never off-roaded but cruise around on 35" tires with cattle guards as a front bumper, all shiny and clean, but with the most basic feature of a true off-road vehicle wrong: The location of the spare tire.

And, it's not an SUV because, like the ape, it remains delightfully uncivilized.
Well said.

Quick Reply: It's not a truck!