Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

It's Not a Mall Crawler... It's a Toddler

Old 11-12-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's Not a Mall Crawler... It's a Toddler

Let me try and explain the title. Today when I had to go into town I got honked at twice. The first honk I'm not sure if it was friendly or not as I was heading the other way. Maybe they dug the Jeep or maybe they were jealous. The other was some guy in an old pickup loaded with junk in the bed covered by a blue tarp who decided he needed to take his eyes off the road (a 6 lane hwy) to honk and call me a mall crawler. Kiss mine buddy! First, I hate shopping let alone the mall itself. Yes I try to keep my Jeep clean (or as clean as possible as it gets dirty as soon as it leaves my yard). Lastly no it's not lifted yet but give a gal a chance to let her wallet replenish. So what gives him the right to be rude and endanger others on the road especially if he is a fellow jeeper? Sorry for the kinda long rant. One day she'll get a lift and tires and be all grown up.

On the plus side I did get a wave back from a TJ.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's a virtual Jeep wave for ya!
Old 11-12-2009, 07:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jk waves are always nice....better than hummer fingers
Old 11-12-2009, 10:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hee hee... thanks for the wave.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:13 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesurf09
Hee hee... thanks for the wave.
Yeah, waves are so much nicer.

I was at Wal-Mart a few months back and I had just installed new tube doors
on my Jeep and I wanted to take some pic's (which would eventually be used
in an advertising campaign, BTW). So I washed the Jeep. Well, at Wal-Mart a
guy in a TJ pulls up next to me. His TJ is all trashed. He obviously runs it all
year without doors. It's a Sahara and he still has steps on it that are bent all
out of shape. The bumper is stock and it's all tore up. Seat fabric is torn. He
looks at my Jeep and comments, "Mustn't wheel it." I'd just been at Easter
Jeep Safari running some difficult trails there, and was headed back in a
couple weeks. The hardtop was bashed up from a run at Disney, but it wasn't
on. The undercarriage is showing a few dents from getting hung up on rocks
at various places. There is mud all the way up inside of the engine
compartment from playing at a nearby lake. There is trail pinstriping along
both sides of the body. There's the tire I tore the sidewall out of at Disney,
but I replaced it. And then there's the hood--about a dozen dents in it as if
someone were given free license with a ballpeen hammer. The bottom line:
This bozo already had his mind made up to trash my Jeep. People like that
are petty, little jerks. I seriously doubt he'd ever wave at a JK. They truly
don't deserve another moment of your or my time.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Let me try and explain the title. Today when I had to go into town I got honked at twice. The first honk I'm not sure if it was friendly or not as I was heading the other way. Maybe they dug the Jeep or maybe they were jealous. The other was some guy in an old pickup loaded with junk in the bed covered by a blue tarp who decided he needed to take his eyes off the road (a 6 lane hwy) to honk and call me a mall crawler. Kiss mine buddy! First, I hate shopping let alone the mall itself. Yes I try to keep my Jeep clean (or as clean as possible as it gets dirty as soon as it leaves my yard). Lastly no it's not lifted yet but give a gal a chance to let her wallet replenish. So what gives him the right to be rude and endanger others on the road especially if he is a fellow jeeper? Sorry for the kinda long rant. One day she'll get a lift and tires and be all grown up.

Don't be bothered by that. I do wheel my JK but I don't get to go very often. When I'm not wheelin it, I like it to be clean. Screw those who think a clean Jeep is never wheeled.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Personally, I shut people up quick whenever they ask me when I'm gonna put a lift or bigger tires on it, etc. etc. etc. I'm 22. I've had it 6 months. Relax. I'll put a lift and bigger tires on it when you give me your credit card.

As for my friends, I just tell them that I don't want to hear their girlfriends complain about having to climb up into the backseat.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:14 AM
JK Junkie

well in order to better asses the event, please post a picture of you and your jeep. did you have the top up on a nice day? is there a car seat or #1 mom sticker on the back? How were you dressed (if applicable)?

more importantly, was this color matched canine on your lap?
Old 11-13-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Junkie

btw .... a from the ATL ...... yo
Old 11-13-2009, 12:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07JKX
well in order to better asses the event, please post a picture of you and your jeep. did you have the top up on a nice day? is there a car seat or #1 mom sticker on the back? How were you dressed (if applicable)?

more importantly, was this color matched canine on your lap?
i like your dog...

Quick Reply: It's Not a Mall Crawler... It's a Toddler