Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

It's not a hummer

Old 03-14-2008, 01:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drgreybow
I have no doubt there are plenty of girls on a Jeep JK forum that know the difference between a JK and a hummer. But if you were able to poll the general population, i would bet the vast majority of women wouldn't know the difference between a jk and hummer.
I don't want to pick a fight, but it is sadly apparent that most men don't know the difference between a JK and a Hummer, so if we are giving the ladies a free pass shouldn't we do the same for the men? Or is this reverse sexism?

Take the doors off, put the top down and enjoy the waves from your fellow Jeepers. This way when someone, not as smart as you and I, tell you they like your Hummer you can kindly correct them, teach them what to look for next time and drive on knowing that there is one more person in this world that will never make that mistake again and that you drive the greatest vehicle around.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had a guy at work yesterday say " is that your Jeep... Looks really good but it looks like a hummer!" Just let it go and ignore em!
Old 03-14-2008, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slap a Jeep logo on the side above where it says "Wrangler"

At least when they pull up next to you, if they still think it's a Hummer, they're obviously lame and can't read. (Even though there's a Chrome Jeep logo on the front grille, too)
Old 03-14-2008, 02:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amt97
Slap a Jeep logo on the side above where it says "Wrangler"

At least when they pull up next to you, if they still think it's a Hummer, they're obviously lame and can't read. (Even though there's a Chrome Jeep logo on the front grille, too)
Great Idea, but lose the grill logo
Click image for larger version

Name:	03-11-08_1707.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	7106
Old 03-14-2008, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

This topic will never die - will it... Honestly -- you guys sound like a girl (sexist alert! ) in 1st grade who keeps coming home and says "Everyone pronounces my name "Karry" instead of "Kerry""

A) What the HELL is wrong with Hummer anyway???? Our JK's confused with a higher-end, higher priced product -- yeah, that makes me so bitter!

B) Anyone think there would be a JK without Hummer???? (They did have what? 60-somethin' years to do it before the "pressure")

C) Anyone on here rather keep their JK for an even trade on an H1 or H2 (now granted the H3 sux)????

We drive a fun little ride -- It seems like it even makes many of you, the driver, feel mighty big in it, but it isn't the the be-all-end-all vehicle of all time for the love of Pete!

Relax - Relax - Relax
Old 03-14-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Give it time. Jeeps were pure 2-doors for over 50 years. Gonna take a while for the public to learn that there's a 4-door Wrangler out there. Best thing to do is use every "Hummer Moment" as an educational opportunity. Make sure they know why your JK is superior. Let them know what to look for.

With a softtop 2-dr, I've never had anyone mistake my JK for a Hummer, but I'll get a good laugh when/if it happens!
Old 03-14-2008, 06:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by myklt8
I had a guy approach me in the gas station to ask about my Jeep, when he asked what year, I told him 07...he said I thought they quit making wranglers years ago... the proceded to tell me about his 4 door wrangler he had in the 80's that his wife made him sell....
Maybe he is doing a little bit of time traveling, and had one in 2182...

Quick Reply: It's not a hummer