Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ipad/tablet mounted in dash?

Old 04-13-2012, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats why i got the connectivity group on my new one. stream from i phone to radio. screw navigation. ive never known where i was going, and im always surprised when i get there.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FrankCastle01
I wasn't thrilled about the 240 price tag either.. The quality is there and it does just look like a natural part of your dash .Using apps like Pandora and iheartradio instead of listening to local commercials over and over is a blessing. Google maps can't be beat for navigation and it gives your passenger something to mess with if nothing else.
Do you have service on yours? if so, verizon or at&t...

I want this BAD.. but $630 for the ipad from verzion with their plan, $50 a month for 5gb and $240 for the mount... so all that, the first year alone cost $1470

Hmmmmmm, may just buy a nice gps and get the connectivity group.

Unless the ipad can let you internet browse, pandora.. etc etc while connected to my phones wifi, which I doubt it can...

Is the camera able to be used out the windshield with this mount? Seems like it'd make some cool trail vids.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ArmyEng875

Do you have service on yours? if so, verizon or at&t...

I want this BAD.. but $630 for the ipad from verzion with their plan, $50 a month for 5gb and $240 for the mount... so all that, the first year alone cost $1470

Hmmmmmm, may just buy a nice gps and get the connectivity group.

Unless the ipad can let you internet browse, pandora.. etc etc while connected to my phones wifi, which I doubt it can...

Is the camera able to be used out the windshield with this mount? Seems like it'd make some cool trail vids.
Yes the mount has a hole for the camera that makes great trail videos. I have AT&T service for it and no issues streaming pandora or anything else.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why wouldnt the ipad be able to use the wifi hotspot from your phone? Of course it can!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ssm2011
Why wouldnt the ipad be able to use the wifi hotspot from your phone? Of course it can!
Well, like I said... for some reason when I have my ipod connected to it, it will let me download music, but not browse the internet or play game apps...?
Old 04-14-2012, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ArmyEng875
Well, like I said... for some reason when I have my ipod connected to it, it will let me download music, but not browse the internet or play game apps...?
Jailbreak or root the phone.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Get the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, root it, and your phone, utilize Wireless Tether and only pay for your phones data. Even if you do decide to pay for the data for your Galaxy Tab, your can do anything u want with it streaming or internet wise, just like your phone can. Hell if you root it, you can use it to make phone calls. Nothing like a 10" screen smartphone.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also look at the JKE mount. That's what I'm getting soon. Tons different mounting options.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by h20squirter
Also look at the JKE mount. That's what I'm getting soon. Tons different mounting options.
Link? Tried google, found nothing.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beantownblue
Link? Tried google, found nothing.
+1.. me either..

I have a Droid X.. so if I root it, when I connect something to its wifi hotspot, it'll do better?

Quick Reply: ipad/tablet mounted in dash?