Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

invoice plus $200 (plus $1,000 in fine print)

Old 12-01-2006, 09:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default invoice plus $200 (plus $1,000 in fine print)

Wonder what everybody thinks of this deal I have in hand, supposedly just a writeup of a verbal agreement but there are a couple kinks seems to me...

We said $200 over invoice, and I'm supposedly lucky to get that because they're getting sticker for the JKs...(I tend to believe that)...
The Jeep was returned with 200 miles on it after a deal fell through, they're telling me, but looks fine at a glance. I don't take that too seriously as long as nothing crops up...
But the way they wrote it up, they used an "actual invoice" figure that's exactly $500 higher than Edmonds. Plus they slipped in a "dealer delivery fee" that's another $500 -- so bottom line the price is now $1,200 over invoice and $200 under MSRP. Am I over-reacting to think they didn't really accept my offer for $200 over invoice? They guy says "hey we'll sell it tomorrow and tell the guy the manager drove it for a couple days, that's why it's got a couple hundred miles on it." My feeling is I'm paying sticker minus a buck a mile for the extra miles. Are most people paying dealer fees like that? Maybe it's no big deal.
--tim
Old 12-01-2006, 09:37 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I guess it all depends on how much you want that particular JK. Personally, it sounds to me like they're jerking your chain and not being completely honest with you. I mean, it's one thing if they were just up front with you and said this is the most they were willing to do for you but if there's even a remote chance they are lying about anything they've said, wouldn't it make you the least bit suspicious about what they aren't telling you? I don't know, maybe I'm just too cynical.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can they even sell that as a new vehicle?
Old 12-02-2006, 06:04 AM
JK Jedi Master

If you build a JK on the Jeep site it always adds $650 for delivery fee. I think that a delivery fee is standard. The other fees are dealer profit. If they won't negotiate then it is your decision weather you want to pay it or not.

As for the milage. As long as the vehicle hasen't been titled then, I believe, they can sell it for new.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

The dealer can not charge a "dealer delivery fee" if the jeep has been titled. But

IMPORTANT

The first 300 miles on a new engine is critical!!!!! If they ran that jeep hard, which may very well be. The engine did not receive a proper brake in. I would walk unless they will give you a deal you can't turn down, which that is not. DC is upping production, don't buy something now just to have a JK. In the next couple of months they will be enough to go around.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd say they didn't take your deal, they are probably double dipping on the dealer fees and bottom line is they've already bought the jeep now they are wanting your money to replace theirs. Walk on this one especially if it is still bone stock. I've been in florida you can find a dealer that isn't too far away and might even still respect you in the morning. JMHO
Old 12-04-2006, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

Default thanks all

thanks for the input everybody. Much appreciated. Amazing the fast talk and glossing over little extra profit items that goes on in this process. Glad you guys have my back
--tim

Quick Reply: invoice plus $200 (plus $1,000 in fine print)