Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

International Buys jeep!

Old 03-04-2009, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and I don't think it's funny. I cancelled my subscription to JP Magazine and will never read it again. I just sent them an Email.

I guess I don't have a sense of humor when it comes to that. That's not right.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SiliconTi
I really hope this is true. It would make Jeep the working man's trucks again, and weed out the Yuppies/Soccer Moms/poseurs.
Yeah, I've suspected for a while that many of the complaints about the JK are from people who've come straight from sedans and soft-roaders and don't have a clue what Wranglers are all about & what they're designed to be used for.

And unfortunately the introduction of the 4-door just made things worse, as it attracted even more people who bought the JK for the wrong reasons. While complaints such as "the V6 lacks the low-down torque offroad that the old 4.0L had" may be valid, we've all read complaints such as "the ride is too rough and bouncy because of those primitive solid axels", and "I find it very difficult to fit child seats to the rear seat of my 2-door, and the kids have trouble climbing in & out of the back" and "the interior is too basic and functional; some luxuries would be nice such as woodgrain and electric seat adjustment" and my favourite "the gas mileage sux; my minivan got better mileage".

Then again as someone else pointed out, the huge rise in Wrangler sales has helped Chrysler to stay afloat, so I guess we have to put up with the complainers.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i liked the Wrangler SRT joke from a couple years ago better
Old 03-05-2009, 03:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SB08JK
and I don't think it's funny. I cancelled my subscription to JP Magazine and will never read it again. I just sent them an Email.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by benmar2000
Independent Front Suspention.. It is what the Libby, GC, Commander.. Hell all new Jeeps have it EXCEPT for the JK.. And trust me.. A TON of Jeep Wrangler owners would boycott a Wrangler with IFS.. Including me..
IFS would ruin the JK. X2 on the boycott.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We should mass email them

werent we supposed to delete all these threads so all the new readers really get fooled, I mean come on the "great" JP april fools joke is getting ruined
Old 03-05-2009, 09:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tkob1060

We should mass email them

werent we supposed to delete all these threads so all the new readers really get fooled, I mean come on the "great" JP april fools joke is getting ruined
Well it was a dead horse by the end of February, not much of an April fools Joke unless they put it in the April edition :P
Old 03-05-2009, 10:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Brisnut
Well it was a dead horse by the end of February, not much of an April fools Joke unless they put it in the April edition :P
it was the April edition
Old 03-05-2009, 10:28 PM
JK Super Freak

...sensiti ve much
Old 03-06-2009, 02:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
it was the April edition
Oh wait better joke yet rename the April edition the July Edition and release it in March, they'll fall for that one every year

Quick Reply: International Buys jeep!