Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Interesting insight into 2012 JK

Old 04-25-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedJK2
It's more likely that he had to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) upon retiring, which means he is legally bound.
Understood, not from the private sector. Nevertheless, talk about no news/spy photos on the web, other than what is repeated throughout the forum.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Four Low
....The good news is , Fiat has a dedication to Jeep that was totally absent from Daimler, witness the "Commander" and the crap quality under Daimler. I think Fiat will address these issues for the better..
Hope you are right .... experience shows Fiat is pretty much a brand-destroyer. At least this is what has happened with Lancia first, and Alfa Romeo after, this side of the pond.
Marchionne is now "the" man, but he seems to care more about shares' value than real automotive delivery. So far, he has not delivered, all his "successes" were either already prepared by the previous management (i.e. the wonderful-looking and sales' star "500") or a game of smoke and mirrors (take-over of Chysler).
I don't want to sound too pessimistic, but ... so far future does not look very promising. Will see.

In the meantime Chrysler and associated products are on their way to 'disappear' as a brand in Europe, all products will be re-badged, most likely as "Lancia".
The new "Thema" will be a re-edited 300C, the new "Flavia" will be based on the new 200, the Fiat Freemont is actually the Journey (not known at this stage whether the Dodge product will remain as such), and most likely the Voyager will become a rebadged Lancia, to drop the old minivan currently offered (the Phedra, based on a Peugeot vehicle).
Old 04-26-2011, 03:30 PM
JK Freak

if the price goes up $3k level for level, i might finally go with the 2011 with a Ripp. no harm in waiting to find out. The 2011's are NOT gonna skyrocket in price.. they'll be lucky to clear the lots..
Old 04-26-2011, 03:40 PM
JK Freak

After all the time and money that I have put into my 07 I would not even consider starting over.......heck it would be cheaper to put a hemi in!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Inflated

Originally Posted by plac
if the price goes up $3k level for level, i might finally go with the 2011 with a Ripp. no harm in waiting to find out. The 2011's are NOT gonna skyrocket in price.. they'll be lucky to clear the lots..
$3,000 ! Where did that figure come from? Usually, a new model year might go up 3% or so, but 3 grand? Say it ain't so....
Old 04-26-2011, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Four Low
$3,000 ! Where did that figure come from? Usually, a new model year might go up 3% or so, but 3 grand? Say it ain't so....
just made it up.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Rumor Mill

Heart Attack averted, "just made it up", That's like shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater on a JK forum...jeez....
Old 04-26-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Divotmeister
Lastly, the Wrangler for 2012 will cost (much) more $$.
he started it.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by plac
he started it.
It needs to go up zero point zero. With the price of gas at the roof and still climbing Jeep ( and all vehicle companies) best step carefully or run the risk of killing sales. Ever the skeptic, I doubt this guy (no diss to the poster) had his fingers on the pricing before he left.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

Not that it means much, but while shopping for my 2011 I was asking dealers about the 2012s. The first two, both very heavy on the salemanship, and light on specifics said the 2012s would be going up "thousands" as one said, and "at least 3k" as the other said. The third, a guy who seemed much less pushy on the sale and really seemed to be a jeep guy, not just a salesman said he expected the price to go up less than a grand. Just putting these out there as data points more than any assumption these guys had some magical inside line.

Quick Reply: Interesting insight into 2012 JK