Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Insurance$$$$

Old 01-25-2008, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$131/month for 2 JK's! Believe it or not, it went down from my prevous vehicles. 05 ford ranger and an 06 Toyota Tacoma was $150/month.
Insurance is based on how many of these vehicle have been in an accident.
So why does $57k worth of vehicle insure less than $30k vorth of vehicles???
Especially 4wd... BTW State Farm.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Newbie

Hey JeepCacher
You should maybe try talking to your states insurance commission before you talk to Safeco anymore! What they want to do doesn't sound right. Find out your rights and what they can and can't do!
Old 01-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeepCacher
Safeco is ridiculous... She puts me on hold and consults with a few people and now they wanna see pics of my Jeep before they decide.
Dump them. Dump them now. Unless you have bad credit or a bad driving history then there are dozens of companies that want your money and aren't screwed up.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I paid my fair share of high insurance rates when I was younger.

Now I pay about 900 a year for an 08 Jeep and an 08 Honda Pilot. With high liability and low deductables on accidents and none on comprehensive damage( glass breakage).

I wish I was 20 again with higher rates. It would be worth it.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have been with State Farm for 22 years and have "everything" insured though them. I pay $37 a month for my Rubi with 100/300/50 and $500 deductibles. It is my cheapest vehicle to insure. I was shocked and amazed. My 06 honda ($19k original cost) costs $48 a month. Go figure. My agent said it had a 40% safety discount. Works for me.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:02 PM
JK Super Freak

We go through Ameriprise which is part of Costco.

Michigan is a no fault state so we pay a bit more than others. I am paying $438 for 6 months on my JK. I have a perfect record and am 28. I have shopped around and they are the by far the best for us. BTW, I carry a $0 comprehensive deductible and $500 collision.

FYI, you have to have a Costco membership to get ths discount. By spending $35 for the membership that we use also saves us big on our insurance.

In the past I have had to do a couple of claims and they were awesome to work with. Very prompt and efficent.

When I insured my Jeep I asked about coverages off road and they told me that as long as what I am doing is legal and on legal terrain, I am cover 100%.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by teebes210
Hey JeepCacher
You should maybe try talking to your states insurance commission before you talk to Safeco anymore! What they want to do doesn't sound right. Find out your rights and what they can and can't do!
Originally Posted by tgrt
Dump them. Dump them now. Unless you have bad credit or a bad driving history then there are dozens of companies that want your money and aren't screwed up.
Trust me...we aren't renewing with them. Going out next week on my days off to find another carrier. I'd like to win the argument with Safeco first and then tell them to kiss my ass.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Since we just moved to Colorado, Progressive was non-renewing us. When we bought the Jeep, I found that on jeep.com/owners they had a special program with AIG. We switched over to them and are paying less than we were with Progressive.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Since personal differences have a HUGE effect on insurance rates, providing before/after to a previous vehicle might help you most.
I had an F150 before the X4D and my rates went down by $5 per 6 months. (2003 F150 supercab 4x4, 2008 X4D 4x4)
Old 01-25-2008, 08:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKJeeper
Since we just moved to Colorado, Progressive was non-renewing us. When we bought the Jeep, I found that on jeep.com/owners they had a special program with AIG. We switched over to them and are paying less than we were with Progressive.
Massachusetts is in the middle of a huge insurance revamping. Less of a monopoly out here, with semi-competition now!

How is your experience with the Jeep insurance? I saw it when I first bought mine and was really interested. I assume they cover off road incidents too???

I've been crossing my fingers that I'll be able to switch carriers over to the Jeep insurance. I have a real bad taste in my mouth after a recent experience with my current provider (Commerce Insurance)

Quick Reply: Insurance$$$$