Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Info for new JK owners

Old 12-30-2008, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (experience wanted) Info for new JK owners

Being a newb myself to the JK I thought a thread informing new owners of what to look out for and how to's would be a good resource under one thread. Some recommendations would be helpful to help prevent us from making mistakes (ex. do not over tighten the freedom panels to tightly with the screws through soundbar). Other helpful hints (ex. drilling the mirrors). Everything I read on here is very helpful but I thought this one could use its own thread. Thanks to everyone who throws in some helpful hints.

Last edited by Mulewhisperer; 12-30-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Read the owner's manual. No, really. I can't believe how many times "How do I silence the horn on door locking?" or "How do I unlock all my doors at onece?" get posted when the information is in the owner's manual. Never mind the questions on ESP, how to get into 4WD or how to raise/lower the top.

My second suggestion is to start with the pinned posts whenever you enter a new forum. About anything, not just JK's or Jeeps.

Jeff
Old 12-30-2008, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ah yes, reading the manual. I have found several answers to questions and answers to questions I had not thought of. Good start.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

--Always unhook your safety strap LAST when taking off your doors and don't let go once its off or you get a dent in the side of you new JK, I have that dent.

--Practice using the search feature at the top and inside the different forums. Its takes a bit to get where you are going, but when you are used to it its great.

--Keep the Jeep wave alive.

--Read the "Remember the New Kid" sticky in the "Off Roading 101" section.

--You don't really need to put the screws back in the door hinges when you put the doors back on, I haven't and have had no problems.

--You can easily take the rake out of the stance with a 3/4 inch spacer in your front springs (I've seen that question a ton on here).

--Don't feel dumb asking a question, many of us are new to Jeeping so we're learning as we go.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new JK.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:17 PM
JK Newbie

Find a local jeep club. You will likley fine very helpful like minded people.

Quick Reply: Info for new JK owners