Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I'm sick of paying for things because my car is bigger.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She didnt even break but there are skids from my car. No drugs, but i know he, shes a b@#*h
Old 09-22-2010, 05:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
another kitty down.

OK, darnit. I've finally quit laughing enough to ask, what's the deal with the kitten references. I've seen it many times and LMAO every time. Gotta have the back story on the kitten things.

Point me to the original thread or tell me here, but I gotta know.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:05 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tvan93
I recently got into what should have been a fender bender in my school parking lot. I was pulling out of my space, and some girl flying through the parking lot slammed into me and pushed me into the car next to me. I realize that I have some fault because I did not see her when I pulled out, but she was going at least 30 in a marked 15. She hit my front bumper, which destroyed he car, and my flares caught the car next to me. When the officer arrived, he said that it looked like it was her fault for speeding, but because it was private property he had no jurisdiction. I ended up having to pay for everyone's cars because the insurance said that there was no proof she was speeding, and if I had not put my bumper on it would have "absorbed the shock" slightly hurting her car and not pushing me into the next. everyone who whitnessed it said she was speeding, even the person parked next to me. It just sucks that because I enjoy driving a jeep that I am now out 5k.
Hmm, I know that on private property here, each person involved, their own ins has to pay for it. Don't know why your ins co is having to pay for theirs.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Every time someone calls a wrangler a car a kitty gets killed
Thanks, Goody! I'm still laughing about that dang pic. Gotta drive home too. Gonna be a b*^%@ driving while I'm laughing. I actually think it is funnier now because I can almost hear some Jeeper saying, "If I hear someone else call a jeep a car, I'm going to kill a kitten".

:rotfl mao2:

My stomach hurts! Sure do love this forum!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

no break mark ? ouch !! any deployed air bag ? I do think you need to be at a certain speed to have them deploy now.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nope, but she drove an old bmw and the auto roll cage deployed
Old 09-22-2010, 06:32 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Hook-Em
Thanks, Goody! I'm still laughing about that dang pic. Gotta drive home too. Gonna be a b*^%@ driving while I'm laughing. I actually think it is funnier now because I can almost hear some Jeeper saying, "If I hear someone else call a jeep a car, I'm going to kill a kitten".

:rotfl mao2:

My stomach hurts! Sure do love this forum!
Actually......it's pretty much the same thing, but the way I originally remember it is.....Everytime somebody calls a Jeep a car "God" kills a kitten.........lol
Old 09-22-2010, 07:12 PM
JK Freak

ok either the modules is defective or this is one hell of accident. Found this on the internet, if you ever decide to go down this route you will need the real thing but think it interesting to know:
According to BMW, their system will deploy when the control module senses any of the following:

When the vehicle approaches a lateral angle limit of 62 degrees.
When the vehicle experiences a lateral acceleration of approximately 3 Gs.
When the vehicle approaches it's longitudinal angle limit at approximately 72 degrees.
When a combination of longitudinal acceleration and longitudinal angle would cause the vehicle to roll over in the forward direction.
When the vehicle becomes airborne and achieves weightlessness for at least 80ms.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

well there is no way I could have but that much force because i was pulling out of a space and had only gone like 6 feet, so she had to have been speeding, or im completely reading it wrong, but thanks
Old 09-22-2010, 08:28 PM
JK Freak

I think the last one is the trigger

Quick Reply: I'm sick of paying for things because my car is bigger.