Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I'm sick of paying for things because my car is bigger.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why isn't your insurance paying .. that is what it's for ...

Also ... I don't understand your Bigger statement ... I have a 2 door JK ... and it's dimensionally smaller than just about every vehicle on the road ...
Old 09-22-2010, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BOOST
Way to be a Douche

Bahhhhahhhahhhhh!!!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by A.R.X-D
I feel sorry for you.
the rules in your country just not fair!
in Canada, officer can't say "private property I have no jurisdiction"
and - "everyone who witness it said she was speeding"
in Canada one testimony is a solid evidence.

at least, no one got hurt...
This is completely false. In Canada, one testimony by some bystander saying she was speeding is NOT solid evidence. Unless that person happened to have a radar gun in their hand and had been professionally trained there is no way it would stand up in court. The average person cannot acurately tell you how fast a particular vehicle is travelling while they are standing watching and that's what you would have to prove.

Also, the officer CAN say it's private property and charges can't be laid. They could file a report and perhaps give their opinion on what happened, but there are many similar circumstances where no one would be charged.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by petro
This is completely false. In Canada, one testimony by some bystander saying she was speeding is NOT solid evidence. Unless that person happened to have a radar gun in their hand and had been professionally trained there is no way it would stand up in court. The average person cannot accurately tell you how fast a particular vehicle is travelling while they are standing watching and that's what you would have to prove. .
I don't know how it is in Ontario
But here in Manitoba, I was once involved in a similar accident, a few witnesses testify to MPI (Manitoba Public Insurance) that the other driver was clearly speeding, and in their opinions, there was nothing I could do.
Thanks to their testimonies, I got clean!

So... for me, those testimonies was like a "solid evidence", as the MPI accept those testimonies "as is".
without that testimonies , I was the one in fault...
Old 09-22-2010, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by benny
See what I mean? You called it a car and now everyone is confused as to what in the hell you were driving and there's dead kittens everywhere!
MASS HYSTERIA!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
another kitty down.

this really made me laugh!!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Talking Thanks...

Originally Posted by BOOST
Way to be a Douche
Can't help it; just stating the obvious
Old 09-22-2010, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im only out like 2 to fix mine and my insurance is gonna go up. And the speeding is what really kills me, b/c she would not have pushed me into the next car. I mean a jeep is pretty solid and she pushed me at least 5 feet into the next which moved about 3. The reason nothing can be proved, is that the parked person moved his car after the accident.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tvan93
Im only out like 2 to fix mine and my insurance is gonna go up. And the speeding is what really kills me, b/c she would not have pushed me into the next car. I mean a jeep is pretty solid and she pushed me at least 5 feet into the next which moved about 3. The reason nothing can be proved, is that the parked person moved his car after the accident.
Even if something could be proved, and even if you were on public roads, if you re-end the vehicle in front of you, it is your fault. The police, not being on the scene, usual go along the lines that you should have had control of your vehicle.

It's tough dice, but thats the way things work.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

This is the ABC here in Canada
1. private property no fault each insurer will cover is client that it
2. if you don't get your insurer involved you will automatically pay the bill (I know I tried that and was charge for 800$ for a small scratch on a bumper until I informed the other guy insurance who was my insurer at that point the bill was drop.
3. When mechanics and body shop perform insurance job you can be sure the invoice will be X2 to X3 more expensive then for a personnel request.

Seriously if she move your jeep 5 Foots she was speeding. any break mark from her car ? if so from the car and tire model you can know what was proximally her speed, they do this all the time on accident scene. If there is no break mark well was she drunk our on drug ? maybe she hate you with a passion ?

Quick Reply: I'm sick of paying for things because my car is bigger.