Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I'm sick of paying for things because my car is bigger.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats weird... in Indiana, a girl who just got her license a week before, backed out of her spot in a private parking lot without even checking her six. I was almost past her and she backed up as if she put the pedal to the floor! It ripped off my old Patriot's rear bumper.

I called the Police to report it and they showed up and did what the Police do. Her insurance covered my claim.

Sorry for your luck.

I don't believe the insurance's bumper theory. That is like also saying "Had you not pulled out of your spot at that exact moment, or had she not been speeding, then the damage wouldn't have happened."

Where does cause and affect end? I didn't realize Insurance companies got to pick and choose. Err... I guess they do that all the time? Point is, your bumper didn't just happen to go and damage the other vehicle because it wanted to. Something hit it to do the damage, regardless of how much damage it did. I'd lawyer up on principle. Just my two cents.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok to clerify i was in my JEEP i dont drive a car, my bad.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

If she was speeding and witnesses said she was speeding, she was speeding. I am a claims adjuster and I would give her negligence for that accident. However, you would be found at fault because it is your duty to make sure the right of way was clear.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tvan93
Ok to clerify i was in my JEEP i dont drive a car, my bad.
But it doesn't replace the dead kittens!!!

Seriously though, that's some bull. I say get some testimonies or witnesses and take her to court. Glad no one was hurt...but still sucks.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

She would have to be going pretty fast to move your jeep enough to bump and damage the car next to you. Wouldn't she? Seems like you might be able to use that too. Good luck.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by benny
See what I mean? You called it a car and now everyone is confused as to what in the hell you were driving and there's dead kittens everywhere!
MASS HYSTERIA!
hahahahahahaa
Old 09-21-2010, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

that really sucks about the wreck hope everything works out for you.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yessamskates
She would have to be going pretty fast to move your jeep enough to bump and damage the car next to you. Wouldn't she? Seems like you might be able to use that too. Good luck.
i say the same thing take her ass to court
Old 09-21-2010, 10:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tvan93
When the officer arrived, he said that it looked like it was her fault for speeding, but because it was private property he had no jurisdiction.
I sure would like to know where in Georgia you are at, b/c where I live the county still does a private property accident report, and that lists an at fault driver. Sorry for the bad luck.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Incognito
Sounds to me like you need to learn how to drive and quit blaming cops or your Jeep for your misfortunes.
Way to be a Douche

Quick Reply: I'm sick of paying for things because my car is bigger.