Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I'm sick of it!

Old 09-03-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my fair share of issues with my JK, some I fixed on my own, others under warrenty.

But I couldn't agree more with the OP. There's nothing built by anyone that is a better wrangler than the JK. What's more, I hope Chrysler/new owner don't abandon us cause of all the moaners who complain about things breaking when they install a 4" lift and 35". WTF?

Could the JK be better? Sure, what couldn't? Is this JK the pinnacle of this segment? Without doubt and by a good margin.

BTW, the 2012 JK that I just drove is even better than the 2007 I own. What else competes for my $$$$? Nothing.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I sympathize with people who have real problems. We all spent our money in expectation of a reliable product. However, I don't understand those who complain about lack of speed or the automatic transmission. Why didn't they test drive, before they bought?
In any event, I'm very happy with my 2011 JK Sport with automatic.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Come to Europe and get the 2.8 CRD. You'll stop complaining right there.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by jktoy
I am sick and tired of hearing people complain about the jk! They cry about the motor,the transmission,the interior, the exterior, and anything else they can cry about! And I'm tired of it. I love my jk. I am completely happy with it. No the motor can produce the power of a Ferrari, but come on people its a jeep! its not meant to go 200 mph! The motor in my jk(knock on wood) has never had a problem. The transmission works perfectly. I do have a stick(which is what a jeep is suppose to be!). I think it is a beautiful looking machine. And if u feel the same as me. And love your jk. Then let everyone know! Sorry for gripping, but I am sick of hearing it!
Forums are made up of a wide variety of personalities. There will always be people you like, dislike, and are indifferent toward.

If you can't ignore the ones you dislike, or the ratio of good/bad gets intolerable, it's time to leave. (Not saying you should leave)
After all, the only behavior you can change is your own.

People complain about their Jeeps just as freely as you feel Jeeps should have standard transmissions. And that makes you as much a part of the diverse personalities on this forum as anyone else.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx

Forums are made up of a wide variety of personalities. There will always be people you like, dislike, and are indifferent toward.

If you can't ignore the ones you dislike, or the ratio of good/bad gets intolerable, it's time to leave. (Not saying you should leave)

People complain about their Jeeps just as freely as you feel Jeeps should have standard transmissions. And that makes you as much a part of the diverse personalities on this forum as anyone else.

Im agree with you. People have the right to say and feel how they want too. U notice I said if u like yours like I do. Then let them know it. Im tired of all the negative around the jk.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
The older I get, the harder I find it to change even my own behaviour

Much less changing anyone on the interwebs.

About the only one who can have an effect, is a moderator, who is unlikely to inhibit people posting negative feelings/experiences concerning the JK, along with the positive ones.

Last edited by Yankee; 09-03-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Unfortunately "negative" is always more vocal than positive. I love my JK! I haven't had this much fun with a vehicle since my first car, "VW bug" and much for the same reason. They are a blank canvas, if there is something you don't like about it then there are a crap load of companies selling some to change it.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4cyturbowrx
I love my jeep and boobies........
halle....bloody.....lujah !!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cvWHRS51oE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JWFl-M7V-w&feature=fvsr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGg5a...eature=related

:b eer:
:r ock:

Quick Reply: I'm sick of it!