Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I'm pissed and need your help

Old 11-21-2011, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree, I never park anywhere near others. I will park off in the distance by myself. When I have the Stang out the only people that park next to me are others that don't want there vehicles dinged as well.

Cheers
Old 11-21-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ditch those plastic bumpers and plastic running boards.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

My ACE rails were on for about 2 days when someone opened their door into them. I cannot imagine what their door looked like because they scratched the crap out the rail. I cannot wait to lift it a little to protect it more. Other then the rails protecting me from door dings I think we are all sitting ducks with the idiots out there.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Deff look up the ACE rails. They stick out pretty far and would provide alot of side protection against doors
Old 11-21-2011, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by w squared
Tube fenders, full width front and rear bumpers, and rock rails that stick out a long way. Leave them all unpainted so that they rust a little bit. Then people will have to damage their vehicles on your armor before they get to your sheet metal
with this guy. a lift and some bumpers will only do damage to others
Old 11-21-2011, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

OR better yet go get your entire jeep GHOST ARMORED! then do a write up about it and tell us how it goes.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

I had a friend once that was on steroids, he was roid raging all the time. We went out to his Corvette one day, I think we were at a restaurant, and he had a door ding and the culprit was still parked beside him. He donkey kicked the poor guy's door and damn near caved the whole door in....not the best way to handle the situation, but I bet that dude will think about where he parks next time.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Batts65
My ACE rails were on for about 2 days when someone opened their door into them. I cannot imagine what their door looked like because they scratched the crap out the rail. I cannot wait to lift it a little to protect it more. Other then the rails protecting me from door dings I think we are all sitting ducks with the idiots out there.
Originally Posted by taylorthedude
Deff look up the ACE rails. They stick out pretty far and would provide alot of side protection against doors
The ACE rails will do it for the door dings for sure. They also serve as steps for passengers who need such consideration.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Or perhaps a missle launcher with heat seeking missles mounted on the roof i think that might add some protection
Old 11-21-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get some steel bumpers and if you really want to protect your doors from dings, get the Rugged Ridge side armor like I got. The side armor sticks out probably half a foot from the sides of the doors, offers a heck of a lot of protection, and makes for a great step. Someone must have backed into me or something the other day at the mall (yeah I go to the mall sometimes) because there was a little blue paint on the corner edge of my rear bumper. Didn't even leave so much as a scratch in the powdercoat, just a little paint, but must have made one heck of a gouge in the side of the person's vehicle whoever hit me.

Quick Reply: I'm pissed and need your help