Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I'm a little confused...

Old 08-19-2011, 10:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm a little confused...

I am new to this forum and the Jeep world. I have been on here for about three weeks or so and was absolutly impressed by the content and calibre of folks that seemed to be on this fourm. Over the past couple of days I have stumbled across a few threads that seem to have people judging and/or bashing other Jeep owners.? While I agree there are a certain amount of people out there driving Jeeps who think of it no more than thier car. For these folks it dosen't matter what they are driving it is just that... a conveyance... theirs just happens to be a Jeep it means nothing more to them than that. But for those of us who are driving them because it is what we WANT to drive then we get it, we are the Jeep LOVERS! And I thought the type of Jeep owners who took the time to be on this site were those guys and gals Jeep LOVERS. So here is what is confusing me: What does it matter if someone is in a Rubi, Sahara, Sport. soft top, hard top or no top? Stock or moded out. Everyone does what they want/can with theirs and I thought that was the whole idea. Make your Jeep yours. If you want to keep it stock rock it stock. If you want to mod it out go for it. If you want to go off road a little or a lot, don't matter its Jeep its your thing enjoy it and be part of the community. It dosen't matter to me what you are in you are in a JEEP! Personally I am in the one I fell in love with and could AFFORD. Would I have loved to have bought a Rubi, of course, but realistically I got the package my budget would allow. And once again I LOVE what I have. I don't get some of the bashing or sterotyping of others simply because they do not have the same type or as modifications as someone elses. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this... (Jeep wave to eveyone!)
Old 08-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I couldn't agree with you more...
Old 08-19-2011, 10:30 AM
JK Freak

Its like a big family, brothers an sisters are gonna fight but in the end its all in good fun. Just avoid the threads you are not comfortable with.
I like every Jeep made as long as its a soft top. Lol, that was fun.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
I couldn't agree with you more...

X2
Old 08-19-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm cool with all Jeeps until Chrysler comes out with the Mallhara
Old 08-19-2011, 10:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by EarlyJk
Its like a big family, brothers an sisters are gonna fight but in the end its all in good fun. Just avoid the threads you are not comfortable with.
I like every Jeep made as long as its a soft top. Lol, that was fun.
Might buy a hard-top only for the winter, but couldn't agree more! Soft tops FTW!
Old 08-19-2011, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

This forum has 50,000 member. You get a variety of individuals - some non confrontational, some that tease in good fun, some are overly sensative, some that believe that anything different from their preference is wrong and then you have the TROLLs who get their thrills pissing people off.

Most are laid back and "arguing" in a good natured way.

Remember that the forum is larger than most cities and towns. Treat us as you would people in your hometown. Acknowledge and/or ignore as necessary.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Agree with you..

But unfortunately we live in a society where lots of folks like to judge others and get a kick out of convincing themselves they are in some way better... Can spend more, have more deserve more..

While it's only my humble opinion, this is in contrast with the Jeep way-of-life... sad, but true.

Welcome aboard!!
Old 08-19-2011, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ignore the trolls in those threads. They will go away

Welcome BTW
Old 08-19-2011, 10:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by speed2005
Just ignore the trolls in those threads. They will go away

Welcome BTW
I don't know Saharas = Mall crawlers won't die???

Quick Reply: I'm a little confused...