Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I'm in!

Old 03-10-2008, 09:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

bienvenido amigo bright silvers are the coolest ones
Old 03-11-2008, 02:02 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Jeep, congrats!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

Welcome to the Forum...... and a New Way of Life ....
Old 03-11-2008, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

I too have just picked mine up... Welcome to that elated and sinking feeling all at once, that I imagine is just like brining a new baby home.

I love my new child...but.....boy is it gonna cost me!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:02 AM
Jeb
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CHARLIE O
I too have just picked mine up... Welcome to that elated and sinking feeling all at once, that I imagine is just like brining a new baby home.

I'm glad you said that. I feel the same way. I'm so psyched, but it's also the biggest purchase I've made, which makes me a little queasy. I'll snap out of it once I have some fun with the Jeep, I think.

Living with a soft top in Boston has me a little freaked out, too. I've never had a Jeep before, and I regularly see slashed windows around this neck of the woods er... urban jungle, which leads me to the question- any idea how much LoJack costs? I've heard it's mad expensive.

I need to stop being negative RIGHT NOW!
Old 03-12-2008, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome JKJEB! This is a great site, lots of useful info and great people here!
You've got a great looking Jeep there! Congrats! I wanted silver but couldn't find one when I bought mine. I think the basic LoJack is around $600 and I believe a couple hundred more if you want the "early warning system"! have you looked into Revelco anti theft systems. They are around $400 and no one will be able to drive your Jeep away!

David
Old 03-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Jeb
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LGNDLIVS
Welcome JKJEB! This is a great site, lots of useful info and great people here!
You've got a great looking Jeep there! Congrats! I wanted silver but couldn't find one when I bought mine. I think the basic LoJack is around $600 and I believe a couple hundred more if you want the "early warning system"! have you looked into Revelco anti theft systems. They are around $400 and no one will be able to drive your Jeep away!

David
Thanks for the nice complement, and the helpful tip. Man, people are helpful on this site!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on the Jeep.

I too am a fan of the silver.

and I have both a hard and soft top, and find the soft top to be the better choice for year round use.

(dont worry about people braking in and stealing things, dont keep valuables in there, if they are going to do it, they are going to do it)

and if the Jeep gets stolen, why would you want it back????

its a second chance to get another Jeep and fix the mistakes u made with the first one.

Last edited by racer83l; 03-12-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Man, it was like Deja vu seeing a picture of your Jeep in front of a dealership. Looks like mine did when I picked it up. Looks great, and welcome!
By the way, if you are looking at getting wheels and tires, you may want to look at black wheels. I've always thought the silver wheels looked a little odd on a silver Jeep since it's two different silvers. Oh well... just my opinion.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Jeb
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CHARLIE O

Originally Posted by utahgoose
Man, it was like Deja vu seeing a picture of your Jeep in front of a dealership. Looks like mine did when I picked it up. Looks great, and welcome!
By the way, if you are looking at getting wheels and tires, you may want to look at black wheels. I've always thought the silver wheels looked a little odd on a silver Jeep since it's two different silvers. Oh well... just my opinion.
I'm with you- and really appreciate the input. Once I can stir up some dough- I'm definitely thinking ProComp 8179s

I'd like to get some 32's or 33's that will suit my daily-driver needs, and be suitable for the occasional trail riding/ mudding that my Jeep wil see in VT. I don't see a lift coming- I actually like the look of 32's/33/s on the stock suspension. I particularly like the look of Pup's flame red:

I think my Graystone will look nice with this setup. Again- thanks for the thoughts.

(I know the one on top isn't the right pattern!)

Last edited by Jeb; 03-12-2008 at 05:15 PM.