Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

if you knew then what you know now............

Old 01-20-2012, 07:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I bought the JK our road, all 3.5 miles of it still wasn't paved. Silver is a pretty good color to hide the dirt so I went with it. Wouldn't ya know it they finally paved the road. So had I known I probably would have gone with a different color.....
Old 01-20-2012, 10:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pick a 2 door Rubicon with soft top in white instead of 4 door Rubicon with hardtop in black. White hides scratches, and I rarely need the extra seats. Although when I go backpacking sometimes it's nice to sleep in the back instead of messing with a tent at midnight.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:38 AM
JK Newbie

1972-I wouldn't have dated her.

1987- I wouldn't have married her.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would have kept the windows up and top up. Everything still looks like its covered in mud no matter how much i scrub and the sand keeps spawning from thin air..
Old 01-21-2012, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bad_CRC
programmed a terminator to go back in time and kill whoever decided to make the wrangler in a 4 door model.

if you want a station wagon / hummer, that's fine, but don't tie it to the wrangler name.

Originally Posted by Sharkey
Program a terminator to go back in time and force the fathers of anyone who says JKU's aren't real Jeeps to pull out a little sooner. (jk)
At first when I read this, my thoughts were the only reason there's a 4 door Wrangler is due to a huge FUCK UP at Chrysler. However the FUCK UP pre-dates the JKU. So I guess if you guys want to program a terminator to go back and do something productive, I suggest programming it to go back and cut the BALLS off the executive who signed the order to obsolete and discontinue the XJ Cherokee - in order to make way for the Commander and Liberty.

... which led to two more FUCK UPS with plummeting sales.

... and the only reason a 4 door Wrangler exists to begin with.

Here we are ten years later, it worked itself out.. but they should call it a Cherokee.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by m998dna

At first when I read this, my thoughts were the only reason there's a 4 door Wrangler is due to a huge FUCK UP at Chrysler. However the FUCK UP pre-dates the JKU. So I guess if you guys want to program a terminator to go back and do something productive, I suggest programming it to go back and cut the BALLS off the executive who signed the order to obsolete and discontinue the XJ Cherokee - in order to make way for the Commander and Liberty.

... which led to two more FUCK UPS with plummeting sales.

... and the only reason a 4 door Wrangler exists to begin with.

Here we are ten years later, it worked itself out.. but they should call it a Cherokee.

Wow. Some unfriendly anger here. Can't we all be friends? The 4 door let's those if us with kids still drive a convertible doorless Wrangler every day and still haul the kids to soccer, t-ball etc then wheel trails on the weekends. No other vehicle like it. In my opinion the 4 door wrangler was the greatest decision ever made by Chrysler.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by phljeeper
Wow. Some unfriendly anger here. Can't we all be friends? The 4 door let's those if us with kids still drive a convertible doorless Wrangler every day and still haul the kids to soccer, t-ball etc then wheel trails on the weekends. No other vehicle like it. In my opinion the 4 door wrangler was the greatest decision ever made by Chrysler.
I think you missed my point ..........

Old 01-21-2012, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

I would have kept my CJ-7 regardless of whatever newer jeep I'm DD-ing.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:50 AM
JK Freak

should've held out for a stick-shift...
don't know if you can get rubi V6 in anything other than auto in the uk...
i had to have rubi/V6/rescue green/2door...so i got mostly what i wanted...
getting well used to auto...but i still hanker for manual...

wish i'd got away with a bank robbery to pay for lift/wheels/tyres...
Old 01-22-2012, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cybersymes
should've held out for a stick-shift...
don't know if you can get rubi V6 in anything other than auto in the uk...
i had to have rubi/V6/rescue green/2door...so i got mostly what i wanted...
getting well used to auto...but i still hanker for manual...

wish i'd got away with a bank robbery to pay for lift/wheels/tyres...
Cyber, what part of Ireland are you from? .. not surprising, I think you guys prefer manual transmissions in everything you drive in Ireland.

During my recent trip, the taxi cab driver had a Lexus with a manual shift... I couldn't believe my eyes.

Beautiful country.... and the most friendly people on the planet.

Quick Reply: if you knew then what you know now............