Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

If you buy yourself a jeep.....

Old 05-23-2007, 12:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZToad
...for this long was about 4 years ago - when she got pregnant with our youngest. Neither of us are sure what method failed us that time but since we both seem to be proving the docs wrong and still being fertile - I'm thinking that 64 is old enough to still be going to a college graduation.
Oh come on, try for another. Your only as old as you feel. Go ahead I double dog dare ya. No I don't blame you as it is I'm going to be around 62 or so when my youngest gets through college. Then if he doesn't get married and have a kid for awhile I'll be in a walker trying to change the grandkids diaper. That or the grandkids will be changing mine.

Well I think I'm going to get some sleep so I can get up in 3 hours and have coffee with Mrs. Rupedog. Then start harassing the East coast guys. Nice chatting with ya. later
Old 05-23-2007, 12:42 AM
JK Freak

Default Take care

...and good night - The Mrs won't expect me for coffee for at least 4 hours!

"I'll be in a walker trying to change the grandkids diaper. That or the grandkids will be changing mine."

Nah - by then everyone will just use astronaut diapers!
Old 05-23-2007, 12:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AZToad
...and good night - The Mrs won't expect me for coffee for at least 4 hours!

Nah - by then everyone will just use astronaut diapers!
nite
Old 05-23-2007, 03:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

AZToad...ohhhh I had a minivan...NEVER AGAIN-- ever...I had an 05 grand caravan and that thing was at the dealer so much...plus I just HATED it...did I say HATED it....ick. Funniest thing is that hubbo would drive it so I could have his Jeep...and there was a decal on the side that said " South Carolina Girl" he got teased ALOT... in fact I think he still gets teased....
Fiveoff...you have it all wrong...your supposed to get the NEW jeep for your wife...whats her number I need to talk to her....
Hubbo does benifit from my Jeep...It keeps me in a good mood.... Like I can be having a bad morning and I will think -- hey I get to go to Costco in the Jeep...and I will just smile at the thought... Right now its again very muddy in the driveway from yesterdays trails....and I can't wait to drive it...maybe I will wash it today....although we did scratch up the hood a bit yesterday.....so maybe the mud should stay on...
Old 05-23-2007, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKGirl
Fiveoff...you have it all wrong...your supposed to get the NEW jeep for your wife...whats her number I need to talk to her....
Hubbo does benifit from my Jeep...It keeps me in a good mood.... Like I can be having a bad morning and I will think -- hey I get to go to Costco in the Jeep...and I will just smile at the thought... Right now its again very muddy in the driveway from yesterdays trails....and I can't wait to drive it...maybe I will wash it today....although we did scratch up the hood a bit yesterday.....so maybe the mud should stay on...
Isn't going to Costco kind of like going to the mall....

I shouldn't tease, though, since I've driven the Jeeps to the Mall plenty of times. Good thing is that my mall has an REI so I can park by it and not look totally lame!

My wife drives the TJ since it is easier for this stay-at-home Daddy to put the kids in the 4-dr. I don't want to end up like Rupedog or Skibum from trying to get my kids into car (Jeep) seats in the 2-dr TJ! My back hurts enough as it is. I'm just VERY thankful that DCX introduced the JK Unlimited, else I'd be forced to ego castration in a minivan. My JK is my Man-i-van.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Lol. Funny thread

My Mom bought her Jk with her own money, so my Dad could really care less. He Just laughs at it with his truck (1982 GMC with 4" Lift)
Old 05-23-2007, 06:06 AM
JK Freak

Oh Fiveoff..REI!!!! one of my fav stores....They are having a memorial day sale so I think I will have to dive the jeep there.... fun fun fun!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by FiveOff
Isn't going to Costco kind of like going to the mall....

I shouldn't tease, though, since I've driven the Jeeps to the Mall plenty of times. Good thing is that my mall has an REI so I can park by it and not look totally lame!

My wife drives the TJ since it is easier for this stay-at-home Daddy to put the kids in the 4-dr. I don't want to end up like Rupedog or Skibum from trying to get my kids into car (Jeep) seats in the 2-dr TJ! My back hurts enough as it is. I'm just VERY thankful that DCX introduced the JK Unlimited, else I'd be forced to ego castration in a minivan. My JK is my Man-i-van.
Man-i-van
Old 05-23-2007, 07:10 AM
JK Freak

Default Man-i-van

Yeah but at least mine had a lift (yeah don't I wish!).

Can't wait til it is gone from the driveway.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

hubbo and I used to joke about leaving the keys in the mini van so maybe just maybe it would get stolen!! ha ha... but it never happened-- I used to leave the huge sliding doors open all the time...ugh...

Quick Reply: If you buy yourself a jeep.....