Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

If the Rubicon is good for rock crawling...

Old 05-31-2008, 05:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by doojer
Saharas and Xs are good for proving you don't need a Rubicon.
...My Rubicon has the Sahara package
Old 05-31-2008, 09:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HITMONEY
Oh yeah..One more thing...
I've been stuck in the Rubi
Not in the X.

If ya ain't gettin stuck, you ain't trying!

Old 06-02-2008, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my base 2door x for 17,500 with auto tranny (so it came with atleast the dana44 rear with 4:10) I dont have nor need power locks or windows (rarely have doors on anyways) only things I spent money on is 230 for tinted rear window panels for the soft top, 130 for front and rear tow hooks, 150 for swaybar disco's, 1200 for 5 new rubicon take off moab rims with BFG KM's with 500 miles on em, and another 400 for rubicon shocks and springs... so for a shade over 2k in extra mods, my X went from sorta wimpy looking, yet capible of alot (which amazed me...)

to something alot meaner looking, and alot more capable

Just I didnt see the need to spend SOOO much more $$ for stuff i didnt need or want (20k overall compared to 30+k), power crap, mygigs, compasses (if you dont know where your going, you got issues this day and age), or a rubicon sticker. Yeah the only thing I dont have which WOULD be nice would be electro disconects, but I get by. Just how I looked at things when I made my decision.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RCJeeper
In the end, its about the benjamins. Lets face, we'd all have rubis if we could. I know I would. So this is how it boils down:

$600/mo = rubi
$500/mo = sahara
$400/mo = X

How fat is your wallet. As for offroad performance, any one can be made into a monster, again its about the benjamins. My modded X will walk all over a stock rubi! (that should lite a couple of fires - )

Negative.

I didnt want the e-disco at all, and i didnt want the lower ratio transfer case.

I bought the Sahara cuz i liked the purdy fenders
Old 06-02-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Negative.

I didnt want the e-disco at all, and i didnt want the lower ratio transfer case.

I bought the Sahara cuz i liked the purdy fenders
that reminds me I also bought the X cause I couldn't stand the painted finders... No offense...
Old 06-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ccdjeep
that reminds me I also bought the X cause I couldn't stand the painted finders... No offense...
LOL! No offense taken.

I do like the painted fenders, but they will eventually get thrashed to the point of being replaced, when they do, they'll be black. I found my Sahara on the lot, equipped internally the way i wanted it, and at a good price, so this is what i have.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by karth
what are the X and Sahara good for? stupid question I know, just curious
Absolutely nothing ....get the RUBICON

j/k ...don't all the Sahara & X'rs start whining now...

Old 06-02-2008, 01:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by N2rock
Don't worry, the whining occured many pages back when someone said they X and Sahara were only good for mall crawling
oh well pffttt....I'm golden then Steve...thanks for the update

Seriously it's too open ended a question, it all depends on the end-user aka driver, some JK owners could fare well with just a 2wd model on twankie 2's...seriously not everyone wheels and those with X's and Saharas that know their stuff can build any model including throwing Pro-rock 60s, an atlas, v8, built tranny, etc, etc, into a 2wd X and outdo most any JK so

Bottom line is you live within your means, affordability, intentions of wheeling, etc, etc. They are all great vehicles

I just wish Chrysler would have let me have the option of Sahara fenders when I bought my Rubi, but no can do....

Quick Reply: If the Rubicon is good for rock crawling...