Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

If the Rubicon is good for rock crawling...

Old 01-12-2008, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If the Rubicon is good for rock crawling...

what are the X and Sahara good for? stupid question I know, just curious
Old 01-12-2008, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

well in stock form of an X and Sahara you could still crawl rocks but you would have to pick an easier line... and get out to disconnect the sway bar.

I have an X and pretty much all i do is rock crawl but im not stock so its diffrent. The Rubicon is built to be the "ready to go" version. You can hang with a lot of modded Jeeps in stock Rubicon form. I mean 32" tires, 44 front and rear, lockers, e-disco... some people spend thousands just getting their Jeep to that point!
Old 01-12-2008, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigJerm
well in stock form of an X and Sahara you could still crawl rocks but you would have to pick an easier line... and get out to disconnect the sway bar.

I have an X and pretty much all i do is rock crawl but im not stock so its diffrent. The Rubicon is built to be the "ready to go" version. You can hang with a lot of modded Jeeps in stock Rubicon form. I mean 32" tires, 44 front and rear, lockers, e-disco... some people spend thousands just getting their Jeep to that point!
I have gone crawling just 2 days ago on stock with my unlimited sahara, it worked fine on the rocks, we don'tget any rubicons here, dunno why, ah well.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a thread on here where someone stated
Rubi for Rocks
Sahara is more steetable (power windows and whatnot)
X is basic starting point.
Not to say that any of these would not be capable on the rocks, it was just to give an idea to a new Jeeper as to which one to buy based on his needs
Old 01-12-2008, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karth
I have gone crawling just 2 days ago on stock with my unlimited sahara, it worked fine on the rocks, we don'tget any rubicons here, dunno why, ah well.
yep thats why i said you can crawl in X and Sahara just might have to pick a diffrent line. 32" tires and lockers make a big diffrence
Old 01-12-2008, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

not everyone with a Jeep wants to go off roading. Each platform is so everyone interested can find a Jeep thats perfect for them. To put in comparison with other vehicle models (dont b i t ch me out here folks )

Some people like the Mustang or Camaro, but dont really need all the power. So they might go with the V6 versions.

Some people may like Jeeps, but might not actually be offroading or live in places with harsh driving terrain. So, they might go for an X or Sahara...HOWEVER!!! As stated before...all models ARE ALL fully capable. Its just the Rubicon will need less modifications to do some much harder trails.

I went with the Sahara because I've always wanted a Jeep. Once the unlimited came out I wanted it even more so cause I need all the extra room for the several errands I run and for my family's comfort. I could have gotten a Rubicon, but considering its my daily driver and I dont hit trails much...might be over the top and make me look like an extreme poser The Sahara I found had all the features I wanted so I took it and am loving it each and everyday.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saharas and Xs are good for proving you don't need a Rubicon.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

Sahara's and X comes with 32's just they are not m/t tires
Old 01-12-2008, 08:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by doojer
Saharas and Xs are good for proving you don't need a Rubicon.
Instigator!!! Damn modulators, always stirring the pot...
Old 01-12-2008, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Hell, I was just talking to a JK owner.....he said he purchased the Rubicon because he wanted "the rubicon sticker on the hood. and would never take it off road"

Quick Reply: If the Rubicon is good for rock crawling...