Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ice on Jeep

Old 11-26-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Rubber mallet fo sho
Old 11-26-2010, 06:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hose it down w/ WD40 after you get it cleaned off. Might help in the future.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2vpblaze
I was thinking of a spray too. Kind of like a lock de icer.....except for the bumper!
Be careful the chemicals may do more damage then a screw driver. Rubber mallet..... Or in Canada we use a hockey puck
Old 11-27-2010, 01:35 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I wait for mine to thaw out, much of which can be aided by running the motor and heater. Be careful about having the heater on high immediately: At least one forum member has had his windshield shatter when hit with full-on hot air while in sub-freezing weather. And place the transfer case into neutral and the gear shifter into first if you have a manual (that will heat up the tranny lube, making that second gear shift a lot smoother).

Striking frozen metal and plastic is a prescription for damage--no matter what you're using to hit it. Boiling water could seep into places you may not want it--like deep into lock bores--then freeze. I access the rear area through the rear doors past the rear seat. Or just don't use it until everything thaws out. May not be practical if you live in a perpetually frozen area.

My Jeepsicle ...

Quick Reply: Ice on Jeep