Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I wrecked the JK

Old 10-08-2008, 12:17 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Maybe I'm naive, but your insurance should have very little to do with this: It's the other person's fault so, unless she didn't have insurance, or unless you both have the same insurance company, you'll have to convince them of the value of your loss. Who keeps these receipts, anyway? I mean, I'm anal about that, but after two years they go in the shredder. If you aren't being treated right by either insurance company, get a professional assessment of the value of your JK, with all mod's. Get it in writing, and offer to pay the person doing the assessment an "expert's fee" for a court appearance should the insurance company not play ball. However, if the value of your mod's exceeds the amount of your insurance coverage and you're at fault or the other person didn't have insurance, you're hosed. Luckily, it appears that you have plenty of coverage.

BTW: If you have to go to court with the other person's insurance company, then your own insurance company should foot the bill for court costs and attorney's fee, including for the "expert's fee." They'll get that back from the other person's insurance company when you win. However, if the value of the mod's which are not adequately covered by insurance is the only point in dispute, I can see where even your own insurance company will say they will only pay your court costs to recover up to the insured value of your JK. IOW: Anyone who doesn't have adequate mod coverage (that would be me, too, BTW) may have to hire their own attorney and plan on recovering the costs after winning. Regardless: IT'S THE OTHER PERSON'S FAULT. THEY ARE OBLIGATED BY THE LAW TO RESTORE YOU TO BEFORE THE ACCIDENT.
With me having insurance for accessories it kicks the value of the JK up 10g. So thats why its important. Her insurance is responsibile. Mine will help me fight them.

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I gotta dollar says it won't total.
You might be right, I'm kinda hoping it gets fixed so i dont have to deal with all the crap on a new one..

the pictures don't show the oil pan smashed in, the axle smacked it, the driveshaft also hit the tranny. The brackets are ripped from the frame. So they might have to replace the frame. I think that'll be the deal breaker

Last edited by Piginajeep; 10-08-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:28 PM
JK Freak

Glad you both are alive to tell the tale.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope she was drinking so you can collect from the bar that served her.

Glad you are all fine.

Jeep can be replaced.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:44 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by mcds99
I hope she was drinking so you can collect from the bar that served her.

Glad you are all fine.

Jeep can be replaced.

she was 17, so just a stupid judgement call
Old 10-08-2008, 12:53 PM
JK Junkie

both of you OK......Damage to the JK -- Sorry for your loss Easy come easy go....
Old 10-08-2008, 12:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where did all this happen? someone almost clipped me this morning... it's part of life.. glad you two are okay and nobody was hurt.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:52 PM
JK Freak

you have been wanting the FT-LA kit and the mid width PJ bumper.

she was just trying to help you out. she did manage to get some of the brackets off.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
where did all this happen? someone almost clipped me this morning... it's part of life.. glad you two are okay and nobody was hurt.
lastnight at 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by castor07jk
you have been wanting the FT-LA kit and the mid width PJ bumper.

she was just trying to help you out. she did manage to get some of the brackets off.

so true. If I had my choice they would bother replacing brackets and replacing control arms. I would be putting on the LA lift.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What a pain eh? As if you didn't have enough to do already, now you get to deal with insurance companies and crap. Well thank God that at least you weren't hurt. That's of course numero uno.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Man sorry to hear about the JK, we are glad you are alright..... that is what really matters

Quick Reply: I wrecked the JK