Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I wrecked the JK

Old 10-08-2008, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poor jeep, glad everyone is ok. Good luck with your insurance company.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:44 AM
db1
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about that. Glad everyone is alright.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad to hear everybody is OK....that really is the main thing.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
the wife and I are fine, just sore. if it was a stock X, i'd be thrilled. Its a little more built than a ruby. Thats a new 44 with a spytec kit thats trashed..

i'll be happy if I dont get boned on my upgrades.
Good luck with that. Glad you're both fine.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I have 10,000 in accessories on my insurance. it should help me out alot. I have reciepts from 4wd for about the same. So I dont think i can get screwed that bad...
Maybe I'm naive, but your insurance should have very little to do with this: It's the other person's fault so, unless she didn't have insurance, or unless you both have the same insurance company, you'll have to convince them of the value of your loss. Who keeps these receipts, anyway? I mean, I'm anal about that, but after two years they go in the shredder. If you aren't being treated right by either insurance company, get a professional assessment of the value of your JK, with all mod's. Get it in writing, and offer to pay the person doing the assessment an "expert's fee" for a court appearance should the insurance company not play ball. However, if the value of your mod's exceeds the amount of your insurance coverage and you're at fault or the other person didn't have insurance, you're hosed. Luckily, it appears that you have plenty of coverage.

BTW: If you have to go to court with the other person's insurance company, then your own insurance company should foot the bill for court costs and attorney's fee, including for the "expert's fee." They'll get that back from the other person's insurance company when you win. However, if the value of the mod's which are not adequately covered by insurance is the only point in dispute, I can see where even your own insurance company will say they will only pay your court costs to recover up to the insured value of your JK. IOW: Anyone who doesn't have adequate mod coverage (that would be me, too, BTW) may have to hire their own attorney and plan on recovering the costs after winning. Regardless: IT'S THE OTHER PERSON'S FAULT. THEY ARE OBLIGATED BY THE LAW TO RESTORE YOU TO BEFORE THE ACCIDENT.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good point mark. I've installed everything...
I gotta dollar says it won't total.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

So sorry to hear about your accident but very glad to hear all involved are OK!

Things are replaceable, you are not.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad to hear ya'll are doing well. Man hopefully they totally it for ya.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

At least you are ok
Old 10-08-2008, 12:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Maybe I'm naive, but your insurance should have very little to do with this: It's the other person's fault so, unless she didn't have insurance, or unless you both have the same insurance company, you'll have to convince them of the value of your loss. Who keeps these receipts, anyway? I mean, I'm anal about that, but after two years they go in the shredder. If you aren't being treated right by either insurance company, get a professional assessment of the value of your JK, with all mod's. Get it in writing, and offer to pay the person doing the assessment an "expert's fee" for a court appearance should the insurance company not play ball. However, if the value of your mod's exceeds the amount of your insurance coverage and you're at fault or the other person didn't have insurance, you're hosed. Luckily, it appears that you have plenty of coverage.

BTW: If you have to go to court with the other person's insurance company, then your own insurance company should foot the bill for court costs and attorney's fee, including for the "expert's fee." They'll get that back from the other person's insurance company when you win. However, if the value of the mod's which are not adequately covered by insurance is the only point in dispute, I can see where even your own insurance company will say they will only pay your court costs to recover up to the insured value of your JK. IOW: Anyone who doesn't have adequate mod coverage (that would be me, too, BTW) may have to hire their own attorney and plan on recovering the costs after winning. Regardless: IT'S THE OTHER PERSON'S FAULT. THEY ARE OBLIGATED BY THE LAW TO RESTORE YOU TO BEFORE THE ACCIDENT.

That really depends on whether or not you are insured in a no fault state. In a no fault state, your insurance company pays for your damages, regardless of fault, and they are the ones who will pursue the other party's insurance company.

Quick Reply: I wrecked the JK