Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I wrecked the JK

Old 10-08-2008, 12:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you and the wife are okay, but DO get a check up at a chiropractor or something just to make sure nothing shifted or anything.
A friend of mine had 3 disks in his spine shift and then over a year later started actually causing pain.

Also hope the whole insurance goes over well.
Were the police called and did they decide fault?
Trust me, if it has to go to court, don't expect ANY quick decisions, unless you are willing to settle for the first or second offer, which will be LOW, if she was at fault.
Took another friend a year and a half to get a final judgement, THEN there was dealing with the underinsured woman who had let her 16 yo daughter drive in a bad thunderstorm, then tried to say (months later) that SHE was driving not her daughter, even though the police report said otherwise.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:04 AM
JK Junkie

Man that sucks. Dont see any pics though.

...that means no JK Fest I guess?

Glad to hear all is ok though, physically.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:57 AM
JK Freak

Hey I know what you are going through. My familly was T boned at an intersection in my 2002 Tundra by a POS minivan. Everyone was OK, the minivan was totaled, and my Tundra took a massive hit in the passenger side front fender area. The impact spun the truck so hard the rear of my truck actually hit the minvan as it want by. Somehow, they didn't total my truck. Sorry to say, it was paid for and I was really happy about not having another payment, but it never was the same.

In the long run, I traded it in on the JK and am happy at this point. I will tell you though, I was bummed for a long time. I had spent long hours putting 6 inches of lift on that thing and had just bought new rims and tires. Tundrasolutions.com was my webisite of choice then - Project-JK.com is now.

I am a firm believer that a lifted truck gives you an advantage in an accident. My wife still cringes when we go through intersections though!

Best of luck to you! Be back soon with another project!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:19 AM
JK Jedi

Sorry to hear! Most important is that you're ok, the Jeep is replaceable.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Sorry to hear! Most important is that you're ok, the Jeep is replaceable.
x2 ... The Jeep can be replaced but you guys can't. Sorry to hear that your nice Jeep is no longer with you ... I've seen it parked outside 4wd when I'd come up with Ryan Dunbar.

Hope you are able to get some satisfaction from your insurance company.

They'll be doing a 2008 model year clearance pretty soon ... and with the economy going belly-up might not be a bad time to wheel n' deal on a new one ...

Best of luck!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That bites. SUPER glad yall are ok. I can't see the pics for whatever reason. Red x's.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I wrecked my Jk tonight.
A young driver decided she had enough time to make a left turn infront of me. She didnt. I didnt have time to stop, nor did I have room to go around. My left corner hit center of the hood. it shoved the engine back in the PT.

her pt cruiser is totalled. I'm not sure about the JK. The looks of the tub, it probley is..
Uhmm......Maybe Project Jeep in the future? If it's totaled...... what are the chances you buy it back and build a trail rig? Or someone on here does....
Old 10-08-2008, 02:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought of a plus...you're going to have a clean canvas to start the work of art that will be your next JK. Hopefully the insurance payout will cover a nice arrray of aftermarket goodies.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:20 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, i am glad your still here to post the pictures.
To me it looks totalled.
That is one effed up birthday for the Jeep. I am so sorry.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh man, glad you guys are ok. Sucks to get your jeep trashed like that, BUT as everyone has said, glad you guys are ok.

Quick Reply: I wrecked the JK