Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I wrecked the JK

Old 10-23-2008, 10:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
the one arm possibly is damaged, It doesnt look like it is, I wont know until its off. If it is, I'll buy a replacement.

One shock is destroyed, other than that its OK.

It'll be the complete lift, shocks, track bars, control arms, brake brackets, etc.
So what do you think the damage would be?? I have the FT econo lift which you know doesn't come with much so i'm not to worried about the shock but would be interested in the lift to upgrade mine... although i could use the springs and shocks and brake line brackets and basically have the 3" econo lift for my GF's new JK let me know on the price if it's right i'd gladly take off your hands.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

I'm sure the arm is fine, it would be the joints that could have damage. The Heim looked fine, its the bushing at the frame I'm concerned with. Its what took all the force of the impact.

Let me get the lift off and check it out, its not a pretty lift any more, lots of scrapes and gouges on the arms, missing paint from wheeling, but after 26,000 miles it was still perfect, no noises or worn out bushings.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:26 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm sure the arm is fine, it would be the joints that could have damage. The Heim looked fine, its the bushing at the frame I'm concerned with. Its what took all the force of the impact.

Let me get the lift off and check it out, its not a pretty lift any more, lots of scrapes and gouges on the arms, missing paint from wheeling, but after 26,000 miles it was still perfect, no noises or worn out bushings.
My jeep looks the same so I'm not to worried about looks as long as the mechanics are good...I'm sure you know what you're lookin at considerin you do it for a living. Take your time getting it off we're still recovering from the buy of her jeep so...just keep me in mind when you go to sell it i'm pretty interested.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by lc619fr
My jeep looks the same so I'm not to worried about looks as long as the mechanics are good...I'm sure you know what you're lookin at considerin you do it for a living. Take your time getting it off we're still recovering from the buy of her jeep so...just keep me in mind when you go to sell it i'm pretty interested.
alright, I will. i dont work on jeeps for a living, or work for 4wd hardware. I'm just an average jeeper.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:31 PM
JK Super Freak

OOOOOO learn somethin new everyday. My bad
Old 10-24-2008, 01:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad to hear they finally did right by you. Good luck on the new build up.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:10 AM
JK Jedi

well they totalled the JK, the loss adjuster was nice to work with, It was worth the wait in the end.

I got what I wanted for the JK, and get to pull off all the parts.
Glad it worked out in the end. Good luck on the JK search!
Old 10-24-2008, 05:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear they stepped up! Safeco is not fun to work with.. I have friends in the autobody field and they cringe when they hear that name,, well that and safe auto..
Old 10-24-2008, 06:03 AM
JK Junkie

well they totalled the JK, the loss adjuster was nice to work with, It was worth the wait in the end.

I got what I wanted for the JK, and get to pull off all the parts.
Im happy to hear it worked out for you! Good luck with the 2dr rubi
Old 11-01-2008, 06:53 PM
JK Jedi Master

the replacement/
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...436#post768436

Quick Reply: I wrecked the JK