Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I wrecked the JK

Old 10-21-2008, 10:37 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeep Mama
I really respect you for your attitude on this... so many people try to work the system to get whatever they can, and then drive up everyone else's insurance costs.
There is also a flip side to that. I was in a wreck that left me disabled for life at 21 years old. I had health insurance that helped cover my $120k worth of back surgery plus constant phys therapy and doc visits and whatnot. In Texas the most you can sue for is $25k which barely covered all my co-pays, deductibles, missed work, etc. Now I cannot get health insurance that will cover me and I am left disabled in chronic pain. Not saying that I should be able to sue them for millions, but I was an active young adult before the wreck. Now I cannot work full time and make the kind of money I need. Disability checks are a joke. So I am paying for the rest of my life for a wreck someone else caused.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
There is also a flip side to that. I was in a wreck that left me disabled for life at 21 years old. I had health insurance that helped cover my $120k worth of back surgery plus constant phys therapy and doc visits and whatnot. In Texas the most you can sue for is $25k which barely covered all my co-pays, deductibles, missed work, etc. Now I cannot get health insurance that will cover me and I am left disabled in chronic pain. Not saying that I should be able to sue them for millions, but I was an active young adult before the wreck. Now I cannot work full time and make the kind of money I need. Disability checks are a joke. So I am paying for the rest of my life for a wreck someone else caused.
Yes, of course, someone in your situation is not what I was describing - it is the person without a real injury that is trying to get money that they don't really deserve that irks me.

You deserve to be compensated for your tremendous loss and suffering. I am truly sorry for what you are enduring.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SO did the adjuster look at your jeep yesterday?
Old 10-22-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

any word on your jeep yet?, i hope it all works out, i want to see you wheeling that new rubbi at rausch for the next JK fest , , or sooner if possible , you guys rock
Old 10-22-2008, 08:12 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by tkob1060
SO did the adjuster look at your jeep yesterday?
yeah, it went from we're totalling it, to we should pull the frame and fix it, to we should total it..

they dont know there ass from a hole in the ground
Old 10-22-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

so the adjusters , and insurance co are not getting anywhere , that blows i would be losing my mind ,you are very paitient
Old 10-22-2008, 11:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
yeah, it went from we're totalling it, to we should pull the frame and fix it, to we should total it..

they dont know there ass from a hole in the ground
Curious what Insurance company it is?

I'd love to see how much a new frame I worked at an autobody shop years ago, we had a Chevy caprice come in that should have been totaled but the company said fix it, so we did. It wound up costing more then the book value of the car, bunch of dumbasses I tell ya.

Last edited by tkob1060; 10-22-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:03 PM
JK Jedi Master

Safeco insurance... horrible customer service, they cant decide to shit or get off the pot.

I believe a new frame is $3,000 plus 40 or 50 hours labor. It's about $6,000 to swap it out. (i believe thats what they said)

But the insurance thinks it can be fixed, really they are trying to get me to claim the accident on my insurance, I'm not moving, it can sit for 6 months...
Old 10-22-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sucks pig. Wrecked cars are never the same. I know there are some great shops out there that do impeccable work, but they never are as good as they were. Plus if it goes on the carfax who would want to pay top dollar for it when you sell. More and more people check that, and it doesn't report what shop fixed it. As bad ass as your Jeep is, I hope they just total it out.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:20 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by piginajeep
safeco insurance...
worthless!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: I wrecked the JK