Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I wrecked the JK

Old 10-14-2008, 05:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
yeah, it has to be 75% of the value, but since I added 10,000 on my insurance it jacks the value up. Its books at 18,000 here

Its boarderline right now..
I am sure you loved it and you may not want to start from scratch, but with everything wrong you mentioned I would push to have it totaled. I would be shocked if it drove the same if they fix it.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

I'm pushing for a total. but if they have to fix it I trust them.

I bought my truck off them (body shop), it was a total, worse than my JK is. it drives fine. It was the big green one beside the 4wd tent. I have my eyes on a used rubicon at the moment. Hopefully it works out.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Junkie

I'm pushing for a total. but if they have to fix it I trust them.

I bought my truck off them (body shop), it was a total, worse than my JK is. it drives fine. It was the big green one beside the 4wd tent. I have my eyes on a used rubicon at the moment. Hopefully it works out.
2 or 4 door?
Old 10-14-2008, 05:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
2 or 4 door?
2 door of course.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Cracked block? If they don't total it, send it to someone else for a Hemi or diesel. Get them to pay you for normal fixing, then put what you want in it.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

2 door of course.
no little jeepers in the near future
Old 10-14-2008, 08:21 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by castor07jk
no little jeepers in the near future
no way....
Old 10-14-2008, 08:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:.
awe man!

hope to hear you back up and running soon man!

you two still sore?
my lowerback is, my legs are still bruised. I only notice that when the dog runs into my shins!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Cracked block? If they don't total it, send it to someone else for a Hemi or diesel. Get them to pay you for normal fixing, then put what you want in it.

I second that. I saw the 4ws JK with the 6.1 hemi this weekend and almost convinced myself I could afford a hemi. Of course, I got home and my wife readjusted my expectations.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J2H
Personally, I think "pain and suffering" is a cop out, as is back pains and "mental anguish." You cant really prove back pain.

Well,, I kinda agree and disagree with you here,, while most use p&s as a lottery.. its really there for those who need it,, and for how bad an injury changed their lives..
I for one have no way of getting the p&s that would have been available if the person that hit me had more than St. min ins.. and I never had back issues in my life,, I was on my way to load my dirt bike to go to a race and I'll be lucky if I ever get to ride a dirt bike again.. Also my wife in the jeep is now out of work as her co. fired her after the 12 weeks of FMLA expired,, so much for 10 yrs of employment.. and she still can barely move her neck.. they said she has torn ligaments in the neck and back and will never be right again.. We will be lucky to get any P&S when this is over,, but after all this I think we deserve it.. but does the guy that got bumped with $500 in paint damage deserve $500k in P&S no,,
Sorry rant over.. now off to work,, part time light duty started a couple weeks ago,, after 7 months off.. I can barely do my job anymore.... but have no choice.. its that or loose the house and both jeeps.. might loose one..

Quick Reply: I wrecked the JK