Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I think my gf loves my Jeep more than she loves me.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spartan99
Yes she could spot a fake one a mile away. I don't think she's being materialistic, I think she's just being a woman.
Hmm.... naw man. Not all chicks are like this.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy the ring through a small local store. Support your local small business owners and get the same ring for seriously about 1/2 the cost of Tiffany's. Trust me I just got married last year and looking at the same ring at Tiffany's and the local place I went the same ring I got at the local place for 3K was well over 6K at Tiffany's. Luckily my girl loves me for how practical I am so she actually enjoyed the story of me going through stores for a couple weeks deciding on what I wanted most and what was the best look and value for the price more than anything!

Then buy a Tiffany's ring box through ebay and put the ring there. Keep the girl and the Jeep that way

Forgot to mention the nice thing of the local store is if you find a good one they are -very- good at what they do. You can read all of the online guides in the world but until you have two diamonds of identical price and look next to each other with minute differences between then you have no idea how nice it is to see them in person and talk to experienced jewelers...

Last edited by tpm152; 12-02-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Okay, I'm confused here. You have a girlfriend that loves your jeep and is not pressuring you about your future together. My friend, sounds like you have it made!!! Relax!!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Detonatorunlimited
Your all missin it....She wants to keep the jeep....he doesn't, maybe she shouldn't marry HIM.
EXACTLY!!

She loves the Jeep and is giving you just one alternative and that alternative is worse to you thank keeping the Jeep.

You either keep the Jeep or trade it in a for a 2" box from Tiffany's.

Some would demand the trade; not to keep the Jeep.

You keep the Jeep and you have to drive it.

What is wrong with that? Did I miss something?

IMO you found a keeper, at least until she demands the trade.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just get a Tiffany's box on ebay and put the ring with a Cubic Zirconia from WalMart in it.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:15 AM
JK Junkie

errr... the word GIRLFRIEND implies (at least to me) that she should have no f'in option or input for that matter on whether you keep or sell YOUR jeep. I retract that statement if it was purchased by joint funds.

Being happily married myself, I can appreciate discussing financial moves with my wife. If she, at any time while we were dating, gave me an A or B option regarding MY STUFF... well, we wouldn't be happily married.

OH... and yeah, get a tiffany's box and put a note in it saying I am keeping the jeep and I want my house key back, here is yours. bye now
Old 12-03-2009, 05:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by m_syer
Hmm.... naw man. Not all chicks are like this.
x 1,234,567,876,678
Old 12-03-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I feel the same way... I get a part and we go shopping at coach, tiffany's, or some other f#ck!n store, i have creat a nightmare for myself.... But my jeep is happy and so is she while i am broke....
Old 12-03-2009, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Keep the jeep,

Jewelry.. where are you from? There is an international gem and jewelry show that tours the USA... My wife does not even consider buying from the stores now... saves a TON of money.

Wife is actually considering opening a jewelry shop of her own.

Also.. you can get an incredible deal on certified diamonds if you buy them at the show.

www.intergem.net

Mr.Bunny
Old 12-03-2009, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't see the problem here... You have a girl that loves your jeep keep the jeep and the girl. I'd kill for that lol Besides if it came down to her or the jeep, the jeep has to be better looking anyways

Quick Reply: I think my gf loves my Jeep more than she loves me.