Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I think I made a mistake...

Old 09-08-2007, 09:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I made a mistake...

I ordered a steel blue 2dr sahara w/ mygig in mid July as of 8/24 in BG because of mygig. My dealer talked me out of a Rubi which is what I wanted he said Sahara is a much smoother ride. Well based on the great info on this forum and talking to other JK owners I have come to realize that I now want a four door Rubi. I will tell my sales guy on Monday and I know there are ones in my area he can get delivered from other dealerships - did the search myself. My question is do you guys find that dealers will give you a hard time when you cancel an order and/or have them find a car from another dealer? Thank you for your input
Old 09-08-2007, 10:12 PM
JK Freak

if he's not MORE than happy to do it, i'd just walk out and find another dealer. don't give him any chance at all into talking you into changing your mind either!
Old 09-09-2007, 04:07 AM
HEK
JK Freak

I agree with mcnaught6, you will have a vehicle at least until the end of the loan so why not have the one you really want instead of the one you felt obligated to buy....you can change your mind all the way up until you sign the final papers so if I was you I would go back and just be honest...if he gives you a hard time, do an about face and go to the next dealer.....good luck and stand your ground...
Old 09-09-2007, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

I wouldn't worry about wanting to cancel the order. The dealer shouldn't mind. Even if they are stuck taking the mygig Sahara from the factory, I doubt they would have any trouble moving it off the lot anyway.

One question. Was the deposit you put on the order refundable? All the dealers around here usually ask for $100-$500 on an order, and agree to refund it if you want to back out. If that is the case, I am sure he would rather sell you what you want then to lose the sale altogether.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:32 AM
dfj
JK Newbie

I was going to order a Jeep but I had a hard time deciding between the Rubicon and the Sahara. The dealer told me the same thing about the ride. I went to the lot, and drove a lot of Jeeps. I decided the ride between them was not better or worse, just different. A different feel. I bought the Rubicon and have been very happy. You really have to drive them to figure out what YOU want. Don't let anyone tell you that one is "better" or "worse" it is YOUR preference and in many ways subjective.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wouldn't worry about it. My Jeep was in BG status with my dealer and I cancelled the order due to he didn't have any allocations after two months. I just reordered from another dealer with an allocation.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when we ordered our JK we were asked to put down a good-faiith deposit and we were told by our dealer that deposits legally have to be refundable. Maybe just a Wash. law though.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

I have had this thing tried on me before. The dealer just wants to move vehicles off the lot. Negotiating swaps with other dealers takes time and effort. When I talked to a dealer a couple of months back the very mention of the word Rubicon made the salesman cringe. Rubicon = delayed sale while they try a fruitless effort to get one from another dealer or months waiting on an order. They had not seen a Rubicon sit on the lot for months.

So...sir you why the heck do you think you need a Rubicon model Maybe Jeep is helping to build hype by minimizing production, while driving everyone crazy.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Talking

Cancel that Sahara and get yerself a Rubi! If that dealer doesn't want to play ball then go to one of the dealers that has a Rubi on the lot. They are all over the place as you said. Easy pickins. That's how I bought mine. Sat around with a dude (who I actually knew) for a week talkin about dealer trading a Rubi, he kept telling me that they couldn't locate any, I would respond with a list of ones I had seen elsewhere or found online. He would say "yea, I checked...those are all sold..."

Needless to say that same day I sad F this and went to one of those other delaers and drove home in one of the ones that my guy had claimed were "sold".

Dealer trades can be a PITA if its for a hot product, and the Rubicon is Chrysler's hottest vehicle right now. You best bet is to go to the other dealer that has the Jeep you want.

BTW, I don't know why dealers are spouting this "sahara rides smoother bs" I mean ride both and see. What a crock. I pulled into a lot a few weeks ago to look at a Jeep with half doors. Just wanted to take a peek. Well the guy come swoopin down on me like a vulture in the 105 degree heat, so I play along for a few minutes. First question he asks me is do I want the power doors and windows. I said probably. "Then what you want is a sahara" Huh? I said well don't the other ones come with power? "Well yea then can come with power, but a sahara is your best bet. I look around the lot and realize this guy has one Rubi, 2-3 X's and a buttload of saharas.... What a turd. And he looked like Hal Holbrook...
Old 09-09-2007, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the great advice Guys. My sales guy is pretty good (this our third car from him - Grand Cherokee and Fully loaded Commnader) so I think he will do what I want and just apply my $500 to my purchase. He never said I couldn't get my deposit back but if he wants more business from me - Commander is due to returned - i am sure he will play ball. I did stop by and leave him a note about wanting the Rubi on the lot and told him to call me but he didn't call yet, prob on Monday. I will post pics as soon as I get it. Thanks again Guys.

Dennis

Quick Reply: I think I made a mistake...