Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I think I found my first jeep...

Old 12-11-2011, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I found my first jeep...

WHOOOOOO HOOOOO!!

ht tp://www.allstarautomotive.com/VehicleDetails/used-2007-Jeep-Wrangler-4WD_2dr_Sahara-Baton_Rouge-LA/1200393133"]http://www.allstarautomotive.com/VehicleDetails/used-2007-Jeep-Wrangler-4WD_2dr_Sahara-Baton_Rouge-LA/1200393133

I've been looking hard for a good deal on a jeep around here in my price range and I think I may have found it. It's a 2007 sahara with 68,000 miles for only 15000. According to the carfax report it's had two accidents with "minor" front end damage. I looked it over at the dealership today and all I could find was that the front plastic bumper was a little banged up. You can see the damage in the pictures. There are a couple extremely minor scratches along the painted fender, but I also saw the the back tailgate had two dents at the very top (like where the soft top flap begins) is this normal wear and tear? Everything else looked great. I'm going to try and test drive it tomorrow and see how it rides. It's a standard (not sure why it says automatic on the site) and has no mods from what I can tell. I'm thinking the previous owner bumped into two different people and figured they'd trade up for a newer prettier car rather than replace the front bumper.

So what do you guys think?

I'd post pics of what I saw today but can't put em up here yet.

HOPE THIS WORKS OUT

Last edited by Absolute; 12-11-2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: clicky
Old 12-11-2011, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Soul Rebel
too bad i just bought it via online hahah just messin man, but that is a hell of a deal if you ask me!
don't play!

lol my heart kinda sank a little for a second.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd take it to a mechanic you trust especially with 2 accidents and front end damage..... Minor or not who knows if something more serious has been damaged underneath.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

After I test it out tomorrow and make sure everything "feels" right I plan to get it inspected to make sure it's mechanically sound. I'm kind of wary of buying a used car that's been in an accident. But if it does turn out to be just the front bumper then that's no problem...aftermarket LoD here I come eventually
Old 12-11-2011, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrivejeep
After I test it out tomorrow and make sure everything "feels" right I plan to get it inspected to make sure it's mechanically sound. I'm kind of wary of buying a used car that's been in an accident. But if it does turn out to be just the front bumper then that's no problem...aftermarket LoD here I come eventually
i hope everything works! thats a great deal
Old 12-11-2011, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

hahah mannn that would suck
I see you're located around the gulf. There's two things i'm hoping now:

1. You aren't in the market for a jeep

2. If you are in the market I hope you aren't around BR because...THAT MEAN'S I MAY BE COMPETING WITH YOU FOR A JEEP!!!

Haha jk bro. Glad to see somebody else with the same post count as me though. It's slow goin' to get up with the big boys on this forum.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Junkie

Looks like a great jeep. I would have went for it if I was in the market now, looking for a 2 door, and liked that color.

Once you get it, You'l find all sorts of nifty new things to post about.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

haha acttuly i am in the market! but for a 2 door it would have to be light blue islander! and im over in gulfshores. and i know but i dont have much to post seeing i dont have a jeep
Ah yes. The islanders are super cool! don't see too many of them around here though. Good luck with your search. I hope they bring them back one day.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jrivejeep
WHOOOOOO HOOOOO!!

ht tp://www.allstarautomotive.com/VehicleDetails/used-2007-Jeep-Wrangler-4WD_2dr_Sahara-Baton_Rouge-LA/1200393133"]http://www.allstarautomotive.com/VehicleDetails/used-2007-Jeep-Wrangler-4WD_2dr_Sahara-Baton_Rouge-LA/1200393133

I've been looking hard for a good deal on a jeep around here in my price range and I think I may have found it. It's a 2007 sahara with 68,000 miles for only 15000. According to the carfax report it's had two accidents with "minor" front end damage. I looked it over at the dealership today and all I could find was that the front plastic bumper was a little banged up. You can see the damage in the pictures. There are a couple extremely minor scratches along the painted fender, but I also saw the the back tailgate had two dents at the very top (like where the soft top flap begins) is this normal wear and tear? Everything else looked great. I'm going to try and test drive it tomorrow and see how it rides. It's a standard (not sure why it says automatic on the site) and has no mods from what I can tell. I'm thinking the previous owner bumped into two different people and figured they'd trade up for a newer prettier car rather than replace the front bumper.

So what do you guys think?

I'd post pics of what I saw today but can't put em up here yet.

HOPE THIS WORKS OUT
I would brin it somewhere and have it checked out, "minor front end damage" sounds fishy to me all your electronics, your engine your cooling systems that's all up front
Old 12-12-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Newbie

Went to check the link and it said vehicle has been sold, so I hope you got it buddy!

Quick Reply: I think I found my first jeep...