Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I test drove a Wrangler today.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 46 cj growing up, I was 59 when I bought my JK, don't wait, wait broke the wagon.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

since you already have an RV, just tow the wrangler behind the RV and use both of them. i cannot think of a better combination. live on the RV out of state and go to the coolest parks and trails with the wrangler nearby
Old 09-03-2008, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by spartan99
If you really have to think about whether you want to fit, then I'd go with a used Jeep. There are plenty of awesome, affordable Jeeps out there from any decade. Pick one up for $5000, pay it off quickly, and you'll have no payments, cheap insurance and your Jeep. You'll be just as happy with an old one than with a new one. The only reason why I had to buy new is because I need the space of the Unlimited.

The Jeep I want list at about $23,000. Used JKs and TJs in this area are listing at $18000 - $20000. Three to five grand is not enough savings for me to buy used. The difference in monthly payment just isn't that much for me not to get exactly what I want.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wranglerV8
wanna sell the Samurai?
Yes. It is basically a project in the works. It runs great as everything between the front bumper and the transmission has been rebuilt and or replaced ( new radiator, electric fan, rebuilt long block, rebuilt carb, Doug Thorley header, new catalytic converter, new clutch, new engine and transmission mounts, new battery). It has Rocky road bumpers front and rear with a Rocky Road tow bar, Kragen bucket seats, Grant Steering wheel, and new MT tires and a new top and no rust or significant damage on the body. It is a bit ruff at 22 years old but does not appear to have ever been in an accident. It is painted rattle can tan as that doesn't show the desert pinstripes as much as rattle can OD green. I have a set of Toyota axles and YJ springs next to the house waiting to be rebuilt to go under it. I was looking to get $1,500 for the Sami and another $500 for the springs and axles for a total of $2,000.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am in the process of selling my 06 F-150 FX4 so I can get a Rubicon. If the new ones did not have the lifetime warranty I would probably already be in a used one. Several dealers keep trying to sell me what they have in stock. This will be the first auto that I have ever picked out and got what I wanted.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I always wanted a jeep, and remeber going to the dealer while in college and test driving them but for some reason or another I never got one. This year my wife finally said you have always wanted one get it. I love it, and she and the kids love it too.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:13 AM
JK Super Freak

I waited all my life to get my first Jeep. I got my JK last year when I was 55 years old.

Before then I drove mostly used junk. My wife always drove the "good" car.

When my kids were ready for college I bought them each a new Dodge Neon. Those Neons were cheap insurance because I knew I could never rest knowing that the kids were out somewhere in old cars that may breakdown.

When the kids were gone and the Neons were paid off, I told my wife it's my turn now and bought my Jeep.

I can't tell you how much fun it has been for me. I try to get to the NJ Pine Barrens every week. I run around with no doors every day.

My wife saw how much fun it can be if you get what you want instead of getting what is practical, so she bought a Pontiac Solstice this spring.

Now she's having a blast in it.

Ok so now we have two car payments and money can be a little tight, but what hell, how long are you supposed to wait? Till you retire? How many people drop dead right after they retire?

They way I'm looking at it now, if I spend my last dollar on the day that I die, I WIN!

No regrets.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default Re:

Im still in college working for my monthly payments and have absolutely no-regrets. I consider my jk a great reward for all the hard work im putting towards a degree that will let me pay cash for all my future cars! But of course im never going to do that since I fully intend to take full advantage of the lifetime warranty and drive my jeep till i die! GO FOR IT!

Quick Reply: I test drove a Wrangler today.