Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I test drove a Wrangler today.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BUY THE JEEP!!
i always wanted one for as long as i can remember.
married young, i was 22 she 20.
i always drove a beater and she got a new vehicle every two years.
last year i got my jeep and we all LOVE it. the kids are 12 and 14 and keep asking why i didn't get one before!
it's my dd and my favorite toy
Old 09-01-2008, 11:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Do it! Then you can drag it behind the RV when you go camping. Set up camp at the RV site and go wheeling into the remote areas and set up camp away from camp!
Old 09-02-2008, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I too always wanted a Jeep. I never was able to get the regular 2 door since I had kids early. When I saw the 4 door JK I told my husband I have to have that Jeep! I was worried about not being able to give the kids everything they "want" but than again mommy never gets anything. I thought about how somehow my husband accumulated 4 motorcylcesand didn't think twice about purchasing them. Well now I have my jeep the kids are happy the husband is jealous It all works out!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah just bought one and havn't regretted it yet. I had to make the money work but the dealer was great. Now I love my drive to work everyday and my two year old daughter always wants to ride in it. So go for it you won't regret it.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Do it you can always pick up a used dirt bike for the boy and the wife well if she is like some of the rest of ours she will be driving the jeep anyway.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Buy it, buy it, buy it! Hi my name is Andy and I am addicted to modding my Jeep.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Sounds like your kids are a little older than mine, but I love it when my four-year-old daughter tells everyone that the doors come off my jeep. She told me on the way to grandma's this morning that she wants a Jeep and a green semi when she gets older. I'm not quite sure where the semi came from...
Old 09-02-2008, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you have a CarMax in your area? They'll ship across US if they do not have what you are looking for locally. The 07's are starting to show up on the used car lots. Might save you some $$'s.
I bought my wife's 03 TJ from CarMax. What I found out is they do not know beans about Jeeps, (If you want one to really use off road). Wifes TJ is a Sport model w/ 3.73, rear D44 and tow hooks. They had a Jeep factory decaled up Sahra TJ. Same year, both were soft tops and the milage was very close to the same. The Sahara was about $3K more and it had the D35.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rkwfxd
Oh yea I forgot about that, College and Retirement are covered.

You are right about it being a family toy. When we take the Sami out camping it never gets parked, we use it, the in-laws use it, my daughter drives it and I believe the same will hold true for the Wrangler. At home the Sami gets driven almost everyday (I have a company car) because my mentally retarded son loves it and always asks to go for a ride. The Wrangler will be the same. Finally, no matter what I will be buying a new vehicle in two years when my daughter turns 16. I have promised her my 2006 Toyota Tundra. It is over two years old and just now hit 16,000 miles. Most of that was in the first year as it rarely gets driven now due to the company car and my son's love of riding in the Sami.

Wow, almost got myself talked into it.
Keep talking to yourself! I bought mine not just because of were I work but to take the family camping/fishing more (Family therapy).
Old 09-03-2008, 12:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you really have to think about whether you want to fit, then I'd go with a used Jeep. There are plenty of awesome, affordable Jeeps out there from any decade. Pick one up for $5000, pay it off quickly, and you'll have no payments, cheap insurance and your Jeep. You'll be just as happy with an old one than with a new one. The only reason why I had to buy new is because I need the space of the Unlimited.

Quick Reply: I test drove a Wrangler today.