Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I Saw Detonator Yellow!!!

Old 05-16-2007, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Saw Detonator Yellow!!!

I saw two Detonator Yellow 4DR's on a transporter tonight!! I didn't get a good look at them because I saw them as they were 1/2 way past me (opposite site of the road) headed northbound on I-75 oddly enough right in front of Chrysler HQ in Auburn Hills, MI. They looked like they were X's.

Thought you interested JKer's would like to know.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sweet. You should have done a U-Turn and gotten some pics tho. j/k
Old 05-17-2007, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grant211
i don't get it. Whats the big hype about the yellow jeep?
i dunno either. I can see it being "ok" on the 2 door but a yellow 4 door will really look like a school bus or airport taxi.

But that's just my opinion.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

I don't really care for it either, but was just sharing the info because of all the recent interest in them.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's weird how many negative comments there are about the yellow JK on this forum. Yellow is a hot color right now, and the fact that it's new on the JK makes it a big deal.

I think yellow JKs look awesome.....but that's just my opinion.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:39 PM
JK Freak

I think that a yellow 4 door will look to much like a "short bus". Perrrrrrrfect for the wife. Hope she doesn't read this............
Old 05-17-2007, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I used to live in NYC and didn't get why anyone would get yellow cars. I've seem yellow Ferrari, Hummer etc. and always though look like fancy version of yellow cab - 95% of cars in NYC are yellow (taxi). I'm not a big fan of yellow cars because of that.

That said, yellow 2-door Jeep looks pretty good... I've seen yellow TJ and kind of like them... with black fenders etc. Actually, I like yellow Jeep more than red Jeep.

Last edited by moun10eer; 05-17-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

It's funny most people who don't think they would like a yellow 4-door JK say it's because it would look too much like a school bus, which I really don't see.

Detonator Yellow isn't close to that of a school bus... have you seen a school bus lately? They are a distinct color yellow, almost orange (they do vary a bit however). And with black fenders and a black cargo area (esp with soft top), there will be no mistaking it for a school bus. Not to mention when you take the top off and put half doors on a yellow 4-door Jk, it's gonna look pretty hot!

The school bus comparison is getting pretty old, and I really don't see it. The fancy taxi idea is pretty funny however.... but again I don't see it. By getting yellow, the only concern I'd have is being compared to the popular Yellow Hummer. It wouldnt take a trained eye to see the difference however.

Now for the dude who is going all out school bus JK... more power to ya! That's gonna look pretty interesting. Looking forward to the pics. You are a brave man.

-Mark
Old 05-17-2007, 04:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree that a yellow TJ looks good, although too bright for my taste. I will reserve my judgement until I see a yellow Unlimited in person. I think H2's in yellow look like crap, but I think all H2's look like crap anyway. Now a sports car in yellow or a 2 dr JK will look sweet!
Old 05-17-2007, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BARNO
I saw two Detonator Yellow 4DR's on a transporter tonight!! I didn't get a good look at them because I saw them as they were 1/2 way past me (opposite site of the road) headed northbound on I-75 oddly enough right in front of Chrysler HQ in Auburn Hills, MI. They looked like they were X's.

Thought you interested JKer's would like to know.

Quick Reply: I Saw Detonator Yellow!!!