Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I Need your help convincing my dad to be part of the Jeep Family

Old 06-09-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davegus
Sit him in front of the computer, give him a six pack of his favorite beverage, and pull up this thread: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...irlfriend-NSFW

If that doesn't convince him, he has bigger problems
I could link you to an Inifinity thread of the same sort that will make most of you run out and buy an Infiniti...
Old 06-09-2011, 12:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me add one more thing on the Infiniti....not sure if your father is a big supporter of buying American or not. I know some people are OK with buying a Japanese car because it is technically made or assembled in the U.S. but the Infiniti is 100% made and assembled in Japan. So, unlike Nissan who assembles them here, your father would be buying a product that has had no American hands on it until it reached the showroom.

Again, this is a personal preference but if you are looking for jeep selling points, this could be another one.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear Daddy,
I can honestly tell you I have never looked at a man in an H3 nor an SUV, but I do look at men in Jeeps! "Chicks Dig Jeeps". Not only will it attract a lot of positive attention, but it will renew your youth and will make you smile!

You will smile when a pretty girl winks at you from her vehicle.
You will smile when you are driving topless and doorless.
You will smile when you put on a new modification that makes your Jeep look that much sexier.
You will smile as you exit a building and see your Jeep standing tall and proud and waiting for your return.

A Jeep is a customizable beast with so many options. It is an extention of it's owner. YOU make it what you want and give it a soul.

Jeep owners don't need roads. It is so cleansing and breathtaking to be able to drive off the beaten path and be away from traffic and into nature.

Can you do all this with a random SUV?
I think you need a Jeep, Daddy
Love
Old 06-09-2011, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you are really trying to get him into a new JGC then wait until the new transmissions come out. The new V6 should be getting the 8 speed automatic soon and that will dramatically improve fuel economy and performance.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. Help our economy, buy American.

2. Be a part of history. Jeeps helped win a war, Hondas mow our lawns.

3. Ride Topless. You can't take the roof off an H3 or a Nissan.

4. You only live once. No regrets.

5. Re-Sale value. When it's time for something new, I can guarantee someone will want your old Jeep.

6. Chicks dig Jeeps. Fact.

7. Roll bars. Name another vehicle that can flip a few times and still drive away?

8. Did I mention chicks dig Jeeps?

9. Encourages positive social behavior within your community. The Jeep Wave.

10. Most fun you'll ever have on 4 wheels.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys for the encouraging inputs. As someone mentionned above my Dad is still pretty young (45) and very active type of guy, beside he realy digs the waves and the chicks attention when he rides with me in the JK, that why I think a Jeep suits him way better than a luxurious Japanese SUV. So I'm crossing my fingers for tomorow at the dealership...
Old 06-09-2011, 02:24 PM
JK Jedi

Find out who his favorite celebrity/rolemodel is and happen to mention "Hey Dad... I read on the internet that So-and-so JUST bought one of these!"

Done deal
Old 06-09-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
Let me add one more thing on the Infiniti....not sure if your father is a big supporter of buying American or not. I know some people are OK with buying a Japanese car because it is technically made or assembled in the U.S. but the Infiniti is 100% made and assembled in Japan. So, unlike Nissan who assembles them here, your father would be buying a product that has had no American hands on it until it reached the showroom.

Again, this is a personal preference but if you are looking for jeep selling points, this could be another one.
I understand the remaining "buy american" (government bailed out, Italian Owned, but American), vs. the Japanese. I don't agree with it, because I believe in "buy the best". The JKU is the best vehicle in the 4wd class. This has nothing to do with reliability or re-sale (which is very strong for a JKU).

The Grand is not "best in class" so you'd need another argument there.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:37 PM
JK Junkie

I would tell your dad that if he buys any kind of Jeep you will take or he can join you on any Jeep run that is out there i.e...... Jeep Jamboree, your weekend run or weekend beach run you know things like that and that it will keep your father and son bond going strong.

Plus you can also say that he looks "COOL and AWESOME"" in a Jeep and that it fits his personality
Old 06-09-2011, 10:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
10. Most fun you'll ever have on 4 wheels.
Can also be on 3 or 2 wheels!!!

Quick Reply: I Need your help convincing my dad to be part of the Jeep Family