Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I love my new 2009 4dr Rubi, but...

Old 11-07-2008, 01:49 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
... The horn is about the lamest thing on the JKs. ...
No, the headlights and back-up lights are even worse. But, I still love my JK!
Old 11-07-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by gordhunt
I solved that issue by putting a Shrockworks bumper on the front I no longer have to honk people just move out of the way in fear !!
Amazing what seeing this in your rear vew mirror can do, huh?

Old 11-07-2008, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your jeep.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't sweat the petty things,just pet the sweaty things.....But the hella twin supertones work well for me....good luck
Old 11-07-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kafka1983
I just took delivery last night of my new 2009 black 4 dr Rubi. I really love it, but I've got my first complaint. What is the deal with the horn? American and most German cars used to have great horns, but the horn on the new Rubi sounds as bad or worse than a Japanese car horn. Really weak. Even my girlfriend commented on it. Anybody have any suggestions on an aftermarket replacement? I live in Boston and a good horn is a requirement to survive.
It comes down to the quality and craftsmanship Daimler put into it. I know.I have heard the horn of a JK. I think they got the horn out of a hyundai pony of the late eighties. Ha ha
Old 11-07-2008, 06:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Tim Corrigan
It comes down to the quality and craftsmanship Daimler put into it. I know.I have heard the horn of a JK. I think they got the horn out of a hyundai pony of the late eighties. Ha ha
Oh my god Tim... a lousy horn!?!?!? Yup... don't buy a JK over a horn which is ALL he had to complain about. The quality of a horn sound. Oh but wait I know give it time he doesn't have enough miles on it yet. I'm sure he'll hate it soon enough, just like you.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default My second issue

Here's the second and third little design flaws I've noticed. No workmanship problems yet, but I'm only up to 120 miles so I'm still driving like a little old lady while I break it in. First, what's the deal with the hook on the floor that holds the floor mat down. It's placed waaayy too far forward. I've stepped on it several times when I get in. I'm gonna break it at some point. Other vehicles use velcro underneath or put two hooks on either side at the back edge of the floor mat which is much better design. Second, I have a thin transponder to get into my office garage. I transfer it between cars so I usually don't attach it to the velcro pads. I just put it against the windshield. Today I dropped it and it slid into the gap between the dash and the windshield. It took me 5 minutes to fish it out.

Still love the Rubi though. I can't wait to finish the break in and fire it up.

P.S. I'm definitely gonna get a new horn. It's embarrassing!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brad2893
People just generally get out of my way...they tend to drive small cars out here so I'm one of the larger vehicles on the road. But yes, the horn does suck.

Congrats on the Rubi! Great choice!
Bostonians don't notice how big your vehicle or your bumper is. They don't bother to look and just GOOOO!
Old 11-08-2008, 04:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dylanjam77
Oh my god Tim... a lousy horn!?!?!? Yup... don't buy a JK over a horn which is ALL he had to complain about. The quality of a horn sound. Oh but wait I know give it time he doesn't have enough miles on it yet. I'm sure he'll hate it soon enough, just like you.

X2 on the PA system. Get the out of my way you !!!
Old 11-08-2008, 05:14 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kafka1983
Here's the second and third little design flaws I've noticed. No workmanship problems yet, but I'm only up to 120 miles so I'm still driving like a little old lady while I break it in. First, what's the deal with the hook on the floor that holds the floor mat down. It's placed waaayy too far forward. I've stepped on it several times when I get in. I'm gonna break it at some point. Other vehicles use velcro underneath or put two hooks on either side at the back edge of the floor mat which is much better design. Second, I have a thin transponder to get into my office garage. I transfer it between cars so I usually don't attach it to the velcro pads. I just put it against the windshield. Today I dropped it and it slid into the gap between the dash and the windshield. It took me 5 minutes to fish it out.

Still love the Rubi though. I can't wait to finish the break in and fire it up.

P.S. I'm definitely gonna get a new horn. It's embarrassing!
Take your carpet out, don't put anything on your dash, 2 more problems solved Get onboard air and put in a fire engine horn or a set of train horns

Quick Reply: I love my new 2009 4dr Rubi, but...