Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I love my new 2009 4dr Rubi, but...

Old 11-05-2008, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.hornblasters.com/
Old 11-05-2008, 11:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by riverzendz
If you don't like how the horn sounds...turn the radio up. That way, you can't hear how lame it is.

Turning the radio up is also a good solution to all of the other sounds you are about to discover.

Also if you turn the radio up you will be able to time your soon to be steering clunk with the music.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Glad you love your Rubi...

I'm a big advocate of less horn the better myself anway... More turn signals, less horn.

Enjoy your Rubi and don't sweat the small stuff.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congratulations on the Rubi .
Old 11-05-2008, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Doesn't anyne here realize the JK is a musical instrument? You have to make music using the death wobble, steering clunk, horn and radio. You have to integrate it into what's on the radio. For example, let's say you're listening to Beastie Boys and the part comes where it goes "So whatchawatchawhatcha want." That's where you clunk the wheel back and forth to the beat at 33mph while the death wobble provides added percussion. And whenever what's his name on the BB is rapping you honk the horn to the beat. Passerbyes on the freeway get a free show! Just picture it! Top down, Beastie Boys basting, 33mph on the freeway "So whatchawhatchawhatcha want" honk honk clunk clunk death wobble death wobble." Passersby thinking "WHAT THE F#CK?"

Welcome to Jeep!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:55 PM
JK Freak

People just generally get out of my way...they tend to drive small cars out here so I'm one of the larger vehicles on the road. But yes, the horn does suck.

Congrats on the Rubi! Great choice!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

I'll have to admit that the stock horn sounds like a wet fart. Well, maybe not that good.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Desert Fox
I'll have to admit that the stock horn sounds like a wet fart. Well, maybe not that good.
WOW
Old 11-07-2008, 05:47 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gordhunt
I solved that issue by putting a Shrockworks bumper on the front I no longer have to honk people just move out of the way in fear !!
That is so true. I had a guy in some little foreign automobile pull out in front of me on the highway. Not too close, but close enough where he couldn't get up to speed without me slowing down. Well, I timed it to not slow down as much as possible. But, I knew in his mirror it looked like I was barrelling down on him, because he kind of started to pull over on the shoulder. It was hillarious. At no point was I too close in case he did something stupid, but I'm sure it didn't feel that way to him.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:49 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kafka1983
...What is the deal with the horn? American and most German cars used to have great horns, but the horn on the new Rubi sounds as bad or worse than a Japanese car horn. Really weak...
I think the horn sounds cute.

I've driven in Boston when I was there on business. You're right about needing a good horn.

Quick Reply: I love my new 2009 4dr Rubi, but...