Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I have the worst luck.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have the worst luck.

Gonna be a little long here..

I thought i sold my jeep. We had the money, the loan, the trade, and today i get in my jeep start down the ally and hear a noise that sounds like a deck of cards being shuffled.... get out and look under and my front Driveshaft has slung grease everywhere ... So I go in the house to email the other party to let him know the sale would be delayed until i could fix my jeep (found my jeep here on the forum BTW) and he had already emailed me to tell me the deal couldn't go through. Here's why.. He took the car he was going to trade to me (Camaro Z28) to get the oil changed and afterwords the motor started knoocking talk about a deal that was NOT supposed to go through... is this a sign i need to keep the jeep?

oh and BTW the grease came out up by the transfer case not from the little boot in the middle of the shaft. is that uncommon?

Last edited by davebloomer; 11-15-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will never use Jiffy Lube again as long as I live.
Unless of course, I end up owning the one that screwed me!
Old 11-15-2008, 12:48 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm pretty upset with them myself. I was looking forward to a lot less debt and a lot faster car
Old 11-15-2008, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

Why do you want to sell the Jeep. No fun anymore?
Old 11-15-2008, 02:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by whtIwrk4
Why do you want to sell the Jeep. No fun anymore?
It's no fun to pay for. lol i still love driving it but i'd rather be using the money in other places.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:31 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davebloomer
It's no fun to pay for. lol i still love driving it but i'd rather be using the money in other places.
For Shame! I love spendin money on my jeep, just wish I had more!( dana 6o's, hemi conversion, evo system......AAARRRR,ARRRRR=TimAllen grunt
Old 11-15-2008, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

I can understand the frustration there. I too long for my old camaro days, but alas winter is comin and it already snowed today. That reminded me why i am paying the extra money for a 4wd Bring on the level 3 snow emergency
Old 11-16-2008, 12:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by davebloomer
Ha ha, I can just see it now. You'll be driving a Camaro and in no time you'll have camaro-freak status on some chev forum. It'll have serious suspension mods and different gears in the rear end, a blower, bigger injectors, custom wheels..............

You can run, but you can't hide, my friend. The sickness never goes away, no matter what you're playing with.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry bud. I know it can be frustrating. Hang in there, something better will come along. I know it.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Brigitta
I think some folks just aren't "Jeepers". I love my JK, it's my escape from the all the stress in this world. You can drive for miles in whatever enviroment you enjoy. I live at the foot of the Sierra's with the other foot at the edge of the Great Basin. I can't imagine selling it for anything else.

I never understood how people enjoy driving a "fast" car from stop light to stop light. There's no place within a hundred miles (even in the desert) that we don't have Hwy Patrol out watching you. I guess I'll never be one of those type of people.

When we would want to go "fast" we'd take our 550HP sand rail out to the desert where it's legal to go fast and have a blast. That's my idea of fast, no roads, just sand and sage brush, and a lot of raw HP.

i think you spoke on a subject you dont know details about. Before you go to deciding what kind of entertainment i enjoy there are things you should know.

I wanted that camaro because it plus the cash would have cut my automotive debt by 2/3 and i would still have had a decent automobile. PLUS it would have gotten me out of a 10.0 interest rate. Out of the $470 payment every month 180 of that goes straight to interest and not on the principal. I care absolutly nothing about a fast car. though it would be fun i didn't set out to get a camaro. it came along with a good chunk of change that would have gotten me out of a mess of debt so i tried to jump on it.

I have driven my jeep into waist deep mud holes with mud running in the doors with the doors off. I take it off road everytime i get the chance. I do every last bit of the work to it myself... I don't think i have to prove how much of a JEEPER I am to you.

thank you for your input. Go back and look through my thousand something posts on this forum and see if you can find a single one where i judge people the way you did me. You think i WANT to get rid of my jeep? you're crazy. I would love to keep it. but it an economy where i don't know if i will have a job next month i think it's a pretty good idea to start tying up loose ends, and debt my judgemental friend is one of those places i need to cut.

Quick Reply: I have the worst luck.