Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I have a theory about why Rubi's are always so shiney:

Old 03-25-2010, 02:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

"Hmmmm its like highschool huh"

Yeah pretty much. Lot of fragile egoes in this community. "Gee, your 2wd is threatening my manly Jeep ego so I'll act like a dick toward you." Lame...
Old 03-25-2010, 02:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spartan99
"Hmmmm its like highschool huh"
Yeah pretty much. Lot of fragile egoes in this community. "Gee, your 2wd is threatening my manly Jeep ego so I'll act like a dick toward you." Lame...
Agree, for some reason people tend to get worked up about seemingly stupid things...I know where you were headed with your OP but my perspective might have been different having lived up there...and if you only lived in So Cal (like I said in my post) you might think the opposite was true and mainly Rubicon owners are the ones who off roaded their Jeeps.

People remember everybody has an opinion...doesn't make it right it's just an opinion. Okay sorry off the soap box now please continue
Old 03-25-2010, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My new Rubi hasn't even arrived yet and i already have its first mud bath all planned !
Old 03-25-2010, 02:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What bother me more than a clean Rubi is the people who constantly tell me they like my Jeep Rubicon, and that call the Wrangler a Rubicon everywhere I go. I can't even tell you how many people ask me where I got my Rubicon... It's just a little pet peeve of mine, just like how a BMW car is a "Bimmer" and a BMW motorcycle is a "Beemer." ugh.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Totally sm, but it's not even an opinion. Fact is that around here, Rubi's are like a Land Rover with the gold trim package and that's how they're treated. Perhaps it's different elsewhere; doesn't matter to me. And obviously the Rubi is superior out of the box. 'Twas merely an observation .
Old 03-25-2010, 02:34 PM
JK Freak

Feelings are not ruffled , but I would say the opposite is true down here. I have yet to see a rubi out on the trail with us that does not have natural pinstripes or chopped fenders rock rash, gouged wheels and rims dents cracked lights. An overall myriad of scratches srapes dents dings and breakages are fairly common. Axels, lockers, ball joints, PCMs, drive shafts etc.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've still been unable to get all the red dirt from Moab out of my X that was put in it last september... and just when it's almost all out, I'm going back next month

... let's not talk about the colorado pinstripes...
Old 03-25-2010, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

I clean my rubi when I take guests in it. Can't be getting their suits dirty now...

Tis a bit sad when any jeep and the owner don't get to experience the joy of wheeling.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like getting my Rubi dirty and muddy at Rausch or wherever my adventures take me. I leave it that way for a day or two as a badge of honor... Then I scrub it clean. I'm paying way too much money every month for it to look like crap all the time!
Old 03-25-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

i clean and detail my rubi at least once a week inside and out top to bottom
did with the last one aswell and it had all kinds of pinstrips, rock rash, scuffed up bumpers and fenders but i do it because i enjoy doing it.
the proof is in the pictures people take.
and just think the people who dont wheel will eventually trade in leaving rubicons in great condition and ready for people like us.

Quick Reply: I have a theory about why Rubi's are always so shiney: