Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I have a theory about why Rubi's are always so shiney:

Old 03-25-2010, 08:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I have a theory about why Rubi's are always so shiney:

I think people who buy them do so as though they're buying a Cadillac and therefore don't want to get it dirty. Anyone else have the same thing taking place in their location? I live in Silicon Valley though. This place is weird some times. Not slamming Rubi's I'm slamming the people who drive them in this area.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mines never really shiney....especially not in the winter....
Old 03-25-2010, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

There so freakin $ ... I'm trying to keep it new till it's paid off then F**k it !!! Time to get dirty !!!!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Have that in my area. It's all of them but mine. I see tons of jk's and they all look like they should be at the dealer. There's not anywhere to get them dirty that's close. You have do drive atleast an hour to go play. most of them are soccer moms anyway so
Old 03-25-2010, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm from North Scottsdale, aka Snobsdale, aka Beverly Hills of Arizona, aka... you get the picture. Everyone can afford a Rubicon like it's chump change. (I'm upgrading my X ) This is what I notice in my area...

They are always shinny clean.

They are always upgraded with stuff they will never use, stuff they don't know how to use, and/or stuff to just make them look like a "Jeep."

If anything, they will have a dirt wave on their side doors from hitting an easy dirt road but that's it to the least.

Again, that's only my neck of the woods. Go a few neighborhoods away and my buddies Rubicon is used and abused. My X has taken it's fair share. Other Rubicons I notice in other areas do see quite a bit of trail. For the most part, unfortunately, the Rubicons in my area, even upgraded X's, will never be properly used but will always be upgraded with the best and always clean
Old 03-25-2010, 09:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's like when you see some old lady driving a 'Vette and you're thinking: . That's how I view Rubi's lately. Always squeaky clean. Are they the true poser Jeep? Check out the 2wd's on this site. They seem to get plenty more action than your average Rubi, meanwhile they get ragged on. Interesting, eh?
Old 03-25-2010, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartan99
It's like when you see some old lady driving a 'Vette and you're thinking: . That's how I view Rubi's lately. Always squeaky clean. Are they the true poser Jeep? Check out the 2wd's on this site. They seem to get plenty more action than your average Rubi, meanwhile they get ragged on. Interesting, eh?
comparing them to vettes or cadys is just wrong. i see more x's shiney around me the clean rubi's
Old 03-25-2010, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Rubi's shiney? Man, that is wrong. No such thing out there. Oh yeah, we actually use them on trails.

They all ought to have a few dents, a bunch of CO pinstripes.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:39 AM
JK Freak

I wash my Rubi regularly and it still isn't often seen without some dirt or mud on it.

Cleaning is part of maintaining a vehicle and I like to keep my stuff looking nice to. I'm rarely out of the woods an hour before I at least give it a good hose down.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I always feel a little guilty when I wash my Rubi, I almost feel like putting a pic of it covered in mud on the window to prove it's not a mall crawler.

Quick Reply: I have a theory about why Rubi's are always so shiney: