Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I hate to say it....doesnt compute...but i love my 2dr more than...

Old 08-12-2009, 07:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
When we wheel with 2-dr JKs alot of them have to sit out the tough lines because their Jeep's wheelbase is too short.

But if you find happiness in your rig, then that is all that matters.
is the difference in the wheelbase or your 40s

to the op. the weight if the 2 door wrangler jk is heavy the 4 door even worse. if the weight is your selling point you might like a tj. the 2 door would need to be stretched for the perfect wheel base and the 4 door is already about there.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:28 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by citizennobody
I love my new 2dr more than my old Unlimited 4dr. It doesn't make sense...I have 3 kids and need the utility/love the look of a bigger (4dr) jeep. But its less heavy, so it does better on sand dunes (with pizza cutters - im poor, but I still got a jeep). Its smaller and has an awesome turn radius, so parking lots are a breeze. When I took the doors off, it was less of an ordeal. The top goes down easier. It seems to fit me better. I love it...

...what do yall think?
That's why a 4dr wasn't even a consideration for me. I KNEW I wouldn't like it.....no way.....no how. Hell, I was even a little bumbed that the 2dr had grown a little in the new design.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell, I love my 2 door just what I've wanted for years but 4 doors have their place too, grocery getter, highway, steep hills that gradually change to flat ground (we know there are alot of those out there) just kidding. And on the serious side I'm thinking of having both when I get home after this contract. Ain't it great we have choices!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by saltman
I went 2dr > 4dr and regret the decision. my next one (when a new engine comes out please please please) will be a 2dr again.

When we wheel the 4drs are all grouped at the rear because it takes them 5 turns to turn a corner.
Real jeeps don't turn around corners, they just drive over them.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

Default The look

I like the traditional look, however the "Unlimited" to me, does look more balanced when lifted. I would like to see the "Scrambler" return.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orangutan
I like the traditional look, however the "Unlimited" to me, does look more balanced when lifted. I would like to see the "Scrambler" return.
Choice is a good thing! Single and no kids so I love my 2dr. I never disliked the 4drs, but I agree with you, they look much better with a mild lift. Bone stock on the factory steel wheels they look kinda funny.

A return of the Scrambler is the only thing that I would consider parting with my Wrangler for.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

I love my 4 door, but my dogs love it even more. I can fit a full grown Lab and Golden in the back at the same time with the rear seats still up.

However, if I knew then what I know now, I would have ordered a 2 door Rubi with half doors. I say this b/c ulitmately this rig will retire from being a daily driver and the need for a 4 door will diminish. I'm not sure if I'll go with a truck or a nice sedan.

Right now, I love the 4 doors. It's great to bring a couple of friends wheel'n. Especially if they have never done it before.

I've never had an issue with my turning radius. There is ONE obstacle where we wheel that I get hung up on. There are multiple stair or waterfall climbs where the longer WB is a godsend.

I go back and forth on what I like. I guess I wish my wife drove an Unlimited Sahara and I drove a 2 door Rubi with half doors. Best of both worlds.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
When we wheel with 2-dr JKs alot of them have to sit out the tough lines because their Jeep's wheelbase is too short.

Originally Posted by artpics
When we wheel with 4-dr JKs alot of them have to sit out the tough lines because their Jeep's wheelbase is too long and they get hung up.

This had me cracking up. For a minute there it looked like almost 70 years of Jeeps were somehow inferior to the "Unlimited"... Thank God they invented the sedan Wrangler- to tackle all those trails that the MB's, GPW's, CJ's, YJ's, TJ's and SWB JK's have to "sit out"...
Old 08-13-2009, 06:09 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Laughingstok
Real jeeps don't turn around corners, they just drive over them.
Oh sure.......when's the last time you went "over" a 100' lodgepole pine. But I bet I can go "around" it faster than you....

Quick Reply: I hate to say it....doesnt compute...but i love my 2dr more than...